Yellow Blue Media / Scam Internet Advertising

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

WOW! I just read several other posts moments after someone from Yellow Blue Media tried to scam me. $700 + seems to be the magic number for them. I kept telling this guy I had never heard of Yellow Blue Media and that we never agreed to or signed any advertising contract for this stupid service. He kept saying my husband did it, kept calling him Paul and then would change it to John (which is his name). I told him I handle the advertising, I had NOTHING in my files on his company, and I demanded he stop this unauthorized listing. When I demanded a copy of the signed agreement along with the invoice he said he would be sending, he hung up on me! I didn't think to get a phone number or his name, but will in the future if they call back. And a complaint to the AZ Attorney General's office is now in order!! He also had some sort of accent, so don't know if he was calling from out of the country or in the states. I am too cheap to pay for caller ID!

Pe

Comments

• De
      21st of Dec, 2010

Someone is still at it. I just received the call this morning.
    The scam artist asked for me by name and asked to verify the information in my listing. When I said I didn't know anything about his company or the listing he said it had expired, but he could renew it. Asked if I would be adding a web address. I said I had never received any traffic from them - His response was that I'd only hear from them when they sold me the listing and when it was time to renew.
    I told him to cancel my "listing". He said he couldn't cancel it 'cause it had already expired. But, he could renew it for another year.
    He then stated they'd be billing for for $745.00 for the past listing.
    When I told him I hadn't authorized it and wouldn't pay, he promptly hung up.
    For the record - this scammer called me from 716-566-0598. Although reverse phone look-up list that as Buffalo NY, it could be a cell phone calling from anywhere in North America.
    I will be contacting the phone service.
    Dennis Bevers
    BASSCO, Inc.

• Ji
      15th of Feb, 2011

Just got one of their calls as well. When I answered the phone I was going through my greeting and he was done asking for the owner before I even had a chance to finish my "hello".
    They told me the exact info as they did Dennis. I told them I had not authorized any charges or delayed billing and I don't do verbal contracts. I told them to cancel whatever they had on file for me and the told me he could not cause it was expired but that he could put a letter of cancellation on my account but I would still owe the $745.00
    Then I told him that I was not paying $745.00 on something I never agreed to. I started asking him other questions and he quickly hung up.
    Tried to turn them in to BBB of Southern NV but their web-site messed up several times when I tried to input the info.
    Beware - they do sound legit on the phone but being a small company I knew what I had approved and not approved as far as advertising.
    Scam Scam Scam!!! Very sad that companies revert to this tactic to cheat people out of money.

• Yb
      20th of Apr, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. This complaints sound similar to some other complaints I've read on this site. From what you are describing to me it sounds like you were contacted by an overzealous sales representative. Our sales reps do work on quotas and will sometime force sales. Most times this is caught by quality control but there are some that slip through the cracks. Representatives should not hang up on customers at any time. If you could let me know the name of the representative that contacted you it would help me immensely. Thank you.

• Vf
      26th of Jul, 2011

I just checked with the BBB and they have posted an alert on this business. They state that the business is based out of Canada and if you have had any dealings with this company to contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Anti Fraud Division.
    We have been getting calls from this company trying to collect on advertising we never authorized and have threatened us with collections. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!