[Resolved] Yatra.com / non refund of cancelled air ticket

I booked an air ticket through yatra.com on 9/12/2006 booking no KPY6AJ). I cancelled it on 11/12/2006 and i got an e mail from yatra.com that Rs.14050 will be refunded to my credit card. The refund is not yet credited to my card till date (6/3/2007) even after repeated phone calls and emails. Stay away from Yatra.com!

Resolution statement

Yatra Online Customer Care's Response, Oct 28, 2017
Dear Dalbir,

Greeting from Yatra.com!

We would like to inform you that cancellation was done online and for refund mode of payment was selected as Yatra e-cash and same has been credited in your Yatra account.

N  9th of Mar, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My name is praveen kumar i booked a ticket and i missed my flight and i was told that the money would be refunded i have been calling these people in yatra and they say it would be done in 3-4 days and I have been calling them and they say it would be done now it has been two months and still i dont have my money back till now it has not been done, nobody should purchase tickets from yatra.com, they are pathetic, believe me, please be aware.
A  10th of May, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had a similar experience with Yatra.

I had to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata, and was looking out for good bargains for air fares. I visited various online booking sites and airline web sites with the intention of getting the best deal. I found a few good deals some sites. After evaluation and computation, I found an offer at Yatra.com to be good. Although the ticket was priced higher than some other deals on offer at that time, Yatra.com and ICICI had a 30 per cent cash back offer for ICICI Gold Card holders. So, although I was missing out on cheaper tickets on other sites, I decided to book with Yatra.com and ICICI, in view of the 30 per cent cash-back. I did not know that a horrific surprise was in store for me!

I booked the Mumbai-Kolkata (IC- 675) ticket at www.yatra.com on May 9, 2007, at around 12 noon. After confirming availability online, the site requested for my credit card information and the ticket amount was instantaneously deducted from my card. Later, in about 5 minutes, I received a confirmation email from Yatra.com, thanking me for booking the ticket and providing the flight details. I thought I had just finished one important item on my To-Do list. But the ordeal was far from over!

Somehow, it struck me that I should reconfirm the booking with Indian Airlines. I called the Indian Airlines call centre, and was shocked to hear that there is no booking in my name. As I had received a confirmation from Yatra.com and my card account was also debited, I insisted with the airline official to check again. The airline official reconfirmed that there was no booking in my name.

I tried to get in touch with Yatra.com. Surprisingly, they don’t have local contact numbers. There is a toll-free number accessible only from MTNL/BSNL land lines, and a helping number at the Gurgaon office. This meant paying STD rates for getting help. I decided to correspond through e-mail. I sent them an e-mail informing them that Indian Airlines does not have my booking in their database. I got a prompt e-mail response informing me that my booking has been cancelled due to an error in the Indian-Airlines system. I was shocked and called their Gurgaon contact number. The official insisted that it was a technical problem with the Indian Airlines server. Their mail also said that they tried calling me several times. However, the call register in my phone does not show even a single missed call.

However, a genuine customer has suffered. I have not only lost out on good fares from other sites (These days, fares increase by the hour!), but am also having to go through unnecessary stress and tension, besides the monetary loss. The amount has not yet been credited back to my account.

I cannot understand how a booking can first be confirmed and then again be reversed due to a technical problem. Am not sure where the technical problem occurred, or whether the great deals at Yatra.com are just an eye-wash. Did they get someone who was ready to pay more for the same ticket? Such questions remain unanswered.

I would be grateful if we, through your esteemed publication, can help uncover and answer these questions. I would like to take this up at various forums including newspapers, travel publications and sites, consumer forums and government agencies such as MRTP, so that people are not misled by such advertisements, which appear very good, but are far from true. If required, I am also ready to use RTI and get more information.
A  28th of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same problem.. i was told it will take 21 days for refund and i have not yet received the refund even after 35 days....

Any idea what can be done... can i raise consumer grivence if yes any help is appreciated..

A  9th of Nov, 2008 by
Dear sir

cancelled Ticket No:0902598109765
I booked ticket on 25 th through M/S Shri Arunai Agencies, Porur, Chennai. Oct'08 for travelling Chennai to Kokatta on 30 th Oct'08 flight No:3567, I Cancelled my Ticket 2 hours before travelling due to my friend not reaching proper time, i came to know your custom care people, the refund will give Agents, but that agents not responding propely, so kindly request you to take necessary action and pls inform to me if i will get refund money or not and how much i will get? also pls help to me, what is the procedure to get the money back.
thanking you,

yours faithfully,

my cell no 9800871288
N  23rd of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been waiting since Nov 2009 for a refund I am due to get next week in May 2010! The refund is apparently only £11 each for a cancelled flight that cost me £75 to replace, and this after I paid £840 for the ticket the complete international ticket (that included an internal flight that the airline cancelled). This is a sad joke that is beyond funny!

Yatra.com have the worst customer service in flight refunds that I have ever heard of! Never use, book or look at Yatra.com - if there are any problems, they extremely useless in being able to handle it (despite not being the customer's fault).

They simply do not care to fight for their customers and have the let the airline dictate the amount that should be refunded - which in their favour is of course neglibly small.
N  27th of Jun, 2011 by

Yatra.com - Non refund of cancelled ticket

I had booked a ticket for my mother from Bangalore to Delhi on 20th May 2011. Then our plans changed and I wanted to cancel the ticket. I called yatra.com customer care no. 09871800800 on 21/June/2011 and they told me the cancellation charges. I confirmed that and they processed the cancellation and told that the amount will be credited back to my a/c within 3 working days. I checked again on 27/June/2011 morning that neither the ticket status was shown as cancelled nor the ticket amount has been credited back. I called again on customer care and they said that ticket got cancelled on 21/Jume/2011 and I will get the refund by 3 working days. When I asked them why they are taking more time there was no answer. When I asked for supervisor / higher authority the customer care lady hung up the phone. I am suspicious as these people have really cancelled my ticket or not. Please help me getting my money back.

Lokesh Prabhakar
N  27th of Jun, 2011 by
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.

We regret the inconvenience this may have caused. We have already processed the refund for the above transaction from our end. As this is a bank transfer, the bank would take approx. 5-7 working days to update this credit into your account.

Should you require any further assistance, please call us on 987-1800-800 or alternatively write to support@yatra.com

Best Regards
N  13th of Sep, 2011 by
Dear Mr Kumar,

Thank you for contacting us at Yatra.com.
We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have faced in this regard. We have already processed the refund form our end for your booking.We hope you must have received the same.

Best Regards
A  2nd of Nov, 2011 by
This is ridiculous. I also have the same problem. You people don't reply properly. I have got the confirmation email from yatra about the refund money. When the money was not credited into my account I spoke to my bank, they said they have not got any payment from yatra.com. Neither they are telling the trace no. and purchase voucher no. so that my bank can track down the status of money transfer. These costomer care people are of no use. They always let you wait for hours and atlast they tell you that we will call you and they never call. Neither this support@yatra.com works. I have not got my money back and no assurance call from yatra about my money.
A  8th of Nov, 2015 by
NON REFUND OF AIR TICKET CANCELLATION - Please remember to take screen shot of the cancellation.
Yatra.com has duped me. I had booked flight through Yatra.com for 15th August 2015, Pune-Delhi, Yatra Booking reference: 130815F26604. There was a medical emergency at home and i went online through Yatra Portal and cancelled the ticket online. There was an automated response stating a small deduction for cancellation and that the booking has been cancelled. I booked a previous flight to rush home. After 3 months i checked my credit card statement and found that their was no refund. I called Yatra. First they informed me on the phone that the amount is reflecting and the same will be refunded. They later they said that i did not cancel the flight. My mistake was that i did not follow through and thought that the refund would have come automatically. I would advise all the people who deal with this company to be cautious and take screen shot of all cancellations.

A Tewari
N  25th of Oct, 2017 by
i Mr. Dalbir Singh had booked a flight ticket to Kolkata on 27 April 2017 by Air India Flight No. AI-525 for 29 April 2017 to be departed @ 06:00 hours with BOOKING REFERENCE NO. 2704745156637. Later, due to unavoidable circumstances I had to cancel my ticket on 28 April 2017 @ 13:16 hours. But till date i.e., 25 Oct 2017, the amount for the cancelled ticket has not been refunded. The reasons are best known to you for the delay in refunding the amount. If the amount for the cancelled ticket is not refunded within 07 days from today with penal interest, I am forced to take legal recourse againt yatra.com and also approach press and other electronic media to complain for the inappropriate delay in refunding the amount. Awaitng a positive reply with in the stipulated time please. The photo copies of BOOKING and CANCELLATION print outs are enclosed here with.

Yatra Online Logo Yatra Online