Yatra.com / non - receipt of cashback of rs. 10000

1 India

Re: booking ref no: yt1156953
I booked the ticket from mumbai to cincinnati, usa by delta through yatra around 1st feb. , 2008 and i gave the credit card of my nephew - ashok madnani. Before i could fax authorisation letter from him, as required, i got a call on my cell from ms. Ritika thakur, informing me that i am not entitled for the cashback of rs. 10, 000, since the credit card is not in my name. I asked her that i have got add - on american express dollar card from my son, who is settled in usa, will do. She confirmed and i sent her the scans of my card, authorisation letter, passport and usa visa on 5th feb. 2008, i was issued an e - ticket by yatra, confirming my booking on delta - bombay to cincinnati on 9th april, 2008 and returning on 8th oct. , 2008. I was entitled for cash back of rs. 10, 000, which ought to have been credited to my credit card within one month from the date of the booking.
On arrival in cincinnati, my son confirmed that there is no credit of cashback of rs. 10, 000 ($250 approx.) in my account.

A sum of $1213. 79 were debited to my american express card was debited. At the same time an amount of rs. 46, 901 was charged to the citibank credit card of nephew - ashok madnani, which was disputed by my nephew.

I sent few e - mails to ms. Ritika thakur, who was regularly in contact on email. But the same were returned. Yatra’s window for ‘complaints’ doesn’t open, nor there is any window to send email to them. I tried to send message through their”suggestions” window but there is no response. I don’t know what to do?

Prem lalwaney