xyz / craigslist, propay, fake name

Santa Fe, NM, United States Review updated:
I saw on craigslist an offer for a 2003 toyota corolla S for 2497$
do i contacted the seller and he told me that it will go threw propay so that we are both secure (his name was michael duncan) so i send the money threw moneygram to the 3rd party
since that time i haven't heart anything from him
so i calle propay and they do not have any record of me there and they told me to stop my transaction and file a report, well I calle moneygram and unfortunately the money was already picked up.
so now i am dealing with the police and try to get the car or the money.

my contact name at propay was dallas raines
Be

Comments

Sh
  7th of Oct, 2008
Thank you so much for your comment, I was just responding to the same offer, but here in Oregon. I was suspicious, so I am here checking it out and read your complaint. My guys name was Anthony Barnes, but on the ProPay, the name is Kenneth Kaufman. I hope this helps somebody else. :)
Ha
  4th of Nov, 2008
I agree with you. I saw a couple of cars on for a very low price and one of them wanted to do the business through propay while the other 2 wanted to do it through ebay but they only wanted the money to be sent through moneygram not even paypal. I became suspicious and sent them all email requesting where exactly the cars where located. One of them said in philadelphia, one said in new jersey and the other one did not even reply me, even though they all put in there that the cars were in houston. People please be careful of fraud. See the car before you buy it. I hope this wil help you all.
La
  5th of Nov, 2008
Hello, My name is Lance Rich and I am the VP of Risk Management at ProPay. These car listings on Craigslist (and other classified ad sites) are fraudulent and should be reported to us. We are not in the business of providing third party escrow services and facilitating wire transfers or MoneyGram payments. We also don't have individuals sales agents. Spread the word and use common sense. These deals seem to good to be true- because they are!
Kr
  6th of Nov, 2008
I too saw a toyota corolla on craigs list. I was then contacted by the seller who went on to say about the third party arrangement through propay and that he needed to sell it right away due to being in the army and being deployed in December. I spoke with my mother who said to be careful, and boy I'm glad I was. I contacted the REAL company propay and was told by them that they do not do third party deals for car sells. I also told them this seller said our propay agent was from NY and the nice REAL man from propay let me know that all their agents are from Utah. PLEASE anyone who sees this is gets the same response as I did. IGNORE it. ITS A SCAM. pass this on
In
  22nd of Sep, 2009
yutyutyutyu
Mr
  27th of Feb, 2011
I hate this company so badly