www.gainsaver.com / Very bad service and support

Phone: 1-800-844-4051

On April 18th, i placed an order for a DLO HD docking system for an ipod, to make sure the item was in stock I proceeded to place the order over the phone after verifying online that the product was in stock. After placing the order they advised me that the item was going to be shipped that same day. One business day later (today), i call to verify the status of the order and they told me that the order was not submitted on time so that they had to move it up for today's shipment. About three hours later, I get online to confirm if they had shipped it or not and I see the item in back order for which I proceeded to call again. Their answer was, we just placed the item in back order, so you "might" get is shipped in 5 days. Of course i proceeded right away to ask for a supervisor, the supervisor got on the line and told me the same thing, I told him to cancel the order and his answer was he could not cancel it. I am in the process of calling my credit card company to proceed with a charge back, but all of this time I received nothing but a bad attitude as they did not care whether i had a problem or not. Please stay away from them, I should know already that saving a couple bucks will eventually get you. In today's world we try to use this scam artist's to save money and time as we live a very fast paced life, but be carefull out there, as you might have to spend more time solving a problem than just buying the item from your local store. By the way if you check the item online right now it still says is in stock... so good luck and stay away...

Mi

Comments

• Ra
      21st of May, 2008

Thanks I was going to buy an iBook but when I read this artical I changed my mind

thanks lots
    Rainey Ratcliff

6th of Jul, 2008

I am still facing huge problems with this company. I regret the day I desided to buy from them!
    I orderd a Macbook and send a cashier's check as they ask for sales abroad...that was about 1, 5 months ago and even though my bank confirms that they received and cashed out the check, they claim that they never received the check!
    So, dear friends, I 've lost about 1300 US dollars! Just like that!
    I am feeling quite frustrated and haven't decided yet how I will proceed but I hope that there will be some solution!
    In any case, keep away from this company!!!

Best regards,
    Maria Theodoridou

• Mi
      4th of Aug, 2008

I purchased 52 units by phone for $499 plus shipping. I sent a cashier's check which they cashed with in 2 days. After they cashed the check Steve Harper called and said the price had increased by over $10, 000 and I need to send more money. After a heated conversation I told him my attorney would be in touch. 30 minutes after that I received an email from Gain Saver canceling my order. The next day they issued a store credit for $27, 560 which I can not use at all. I need my $27, 560 back so I can purchase from a more reputable company. The company will not return my calls or emails and they will not refund my money even though they were the ones that canceled my order after a "bait and switch". My company does fundraising for non-profit charities and we are now out our entire capital revenue for 2008 equipment purchase. We need help in the worst way with this issue. FTC requires that Gain Saver refund my money as they could not fulfill the order ! that was originally placed.

Product is STILL advertised at the following link. http://www.gainsaver.com/gainsaver/a...Keyword=le1600

Per thread 89 I have submitted a formal complaint to the FTC as well as the Attorney General in California and registered a complaint with the LABBB.

I do admit that I have received a refund for the $27, 500 but it took over a month and I am still out over $3, 500 in attorney fees needed to get a refund as apposed to a "Store Credit". What can a person do with a $27, 500 "Store Credit" when the company as poor as this?

Please avoid this company at any cost.

• Er
      21st of Sep, 2008

I placed an order on the Gainsaver.com website for a Powerbook G4 1.25Ghz at 12:05am EST on 9/1/08. I placed that order early enough for them to properly fill and ship it that day, as I'd confirmed on their site that the unit was in stock. Around 10am EST, I called to confirm that they received the order. They had received it and it was in processing. Around noon I received a call from them indicating that, since I wanted the unit shipped to my work address rather than my billing address, they needed some additional information, which I provided. By that evening I looked at my account on their site and it indicated that the order was being processed. 9/1/08 was a Friday.

The following Monday was labor day. A holiday. On Tuesday morning I noticed that my account had not updated a shipping date for my Powerbook so I called Gainsaver. Couldn't get anyone on the phone. Kept calling. Eventually I got Steve Harper, who couldn't give me any updates on my order. So I waited. An hour later, he calls me and tells me that the laptop I ordered is out of stock but he has a faster one for $80 more. I wasn't interested in that, so I canceled my order. My money was returned to my account the following day. Since I looked around and realized that a new PC laptop would give me more options than a used niche Powerbook G4, I went to Wal-Mart and got a PC laptop that meets all my needs and it's perfect for me. Stay away from Gainsaver.com unless you want to be eating Aspirin like candy.

• Fr
      19th of Oct, 2008
    Gainsaver.com - ripping people off
    gainsaver.com

We ordered a computer from them that was instock. We called over the phone and ordered the computer. Then we sent them a money order. We were told that at soon as they received the money order that they would ship the computer. Two weeks later, we still hadn't received the computer. We called and they said it was customary for them to wait 3 weeks after receiving a money order to ship the computer. Three weeks after they had received the money order, we called and inquired about the shipping of the computer. They said it was no longer in stock and they could send us an upgrade, but it will cost $180 additional dollars. They WILL NOT refund or money and WILL NOT send us our computer. They told us all they could offer was a store credit.

• Mi
      27th of Oct, 2008

Never have I had such a negative experience with a company as with Gainsaver.com! Never buy from them. They give you the run around. Gainsaver says they have good products, but I tried two times to buy laptops from them at the price that the website gave me, and each time, they called me back and said they were sorry, but they did not have any available computers at that price. Then, I went for a third round. I spoke with the customer representative personally on the phone, and he assured me that the price of my computer, with tax and shipping would be $723 even. He lied, because a few days later, my credit card showed that I had been charged just over $800. I have tried to get someone over there to hear my complaints, at least apologize. But no one will even say, "I'm sorry, we must have made a mistake." They just give me the run around and say, "Oh, fill out this form on the internet and we'll look at it." I thought customers came first! I thought that they would care that someone had been treated so carelessly, but you should know that they do not.
    DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!! Just go to Apple - you may pay more, but it's worth paying more for the better service.

5th of Mar, 2009

i placed order on this site, but when they got paid, the canceld the order and never pay or remail me back

scam!

could anyone help me in this case ?

• Ke
      26th of Mar, 2009

I had similar problems with Gain Saver. Terrible customer service, total run around, being lied to, The computer was not as described in their product link, I had to return my entire computer to get a video card replace, then after a week they tell me the computer was damaged in shipping. I am highly suspicious of this company and their practices. Do NOt Do business with this company

• Co
      7th of May, 2009

never do business with these people...

you have been warned...

took me 8 months to get my $1700 back for a defective compueter...had to file legal compalints from BBB, federal trade commission, AG's offices...you name it I did it..

'stay away from this company

• Ai
      16th of Jul, 2009

They bait-and-switched me on a couple of hard drives I bought. I ordered two Western Digital WD10EACS one terrabyte drives. I received the drives, installed them, and after four months one started failing, and the second a couple of weeks later.

I then used the Western Digital customer service site to try to get warranty service, only to find out that these drives I had been shipped were not Western Digitals, but generics! Even though the invoice clearly states Western Digital WD10EACS. Try to resolve the issue with them - got nowhere (they stonewalled). I then reported them to the Better Business Bureau - they also got nowhere. So now I am looking at additional legal steps.

Funny thing is that I was looking specifically for Western Digitals because of their three year warranties!

• Sc
      21st of Jul, 2009
    Gainsaver - Terrible company
    GainSaver
    gainsaver.com

Bought my first computer mac powerbook and needed online phone support. I was told my warranty would be like buying from apple. They even gave me applecares 800 number That was a lie. I was shipped a computer with an outdated operating system that was corrupt. When I requested RMA the form says Store Credit Only. That is nowhere on their site or in their terms. I am waiting for my refund but others have to get attyns. These guys need to be put out of business.

• Ga
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I just did a stupid thing and bought a "refurbished" Macbook Pro from Gainsaver.com. They sent me a defective computer and when I asked about returning it they said no problem. I followed their instructions and 24 hours later got an RMA number with a notice that I would only get store credit. Store credit!! I don't want another defective product from these people! Plus I would need to wait 2-3 weeks before getting a computer I needed yesterday! I called and explained the situation but the owner hung up on me!

I went to Apple's website and for $200 more I got a certified product that works beautifully and came overnight. It is even eligible for Apple Care. Boy, did I learn my lesson. NEVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

• Le
      27th of Sep, 2009

I am disappointed and very very frustrated. I bought a laptop from Gainsaver last year and I guess I lucked out. Though it took longer to come in tham promised it is actually a pretty decent little machine. My daughter still uses it today and we've never had any problems with it. So when I decided to get another desktop for my business I went back to Gainsaver. It's been nothing but headaches ever since. Right out of the box the unit itself was extremely "beat up", the keyboard was actually missing several major keys ( both enter keys, the + sign on the numerical pad, and a shift key). After setting it up it never "booted" just froze halfway through. After several attempts, I received a Alert Message to call the Apple Tech line. I was never able to get past that message again. What??? I immediatly called the customer support line and was told to file a Service Request. I did. Anyway, not to be redundant with my story. I've encountered the same runaround as everyone else here. Previously I was actually recommending this site to family and friends. Thank Goodness no one had a need during that time period. I can be a shrew when need be and I'm not giving up with getting my money back yet. I found a really good link where the person seemed pretty well equiped with information. I plan to try her suggestions. I wanted to share this link in as many places as possible. Go to the following post

#89
    PaulaDonnelly
    macrumors newbie

HOW TO FIGHT GAINSAVER BACK! An experiance and some answers.

Usually I am soo careful and research companies before parting with my hard earned cash. I guess I became lax but my lesson has been learned. I only hope mine and others posts will help others in the future. I plan on remembering that old age adage as well..."If it seems to good to be true: it probably is" .

Take Care and Be Safe,
    LeAnne

• Je
      10th of Dec, 2009

Thats Steve Harper Guy is a BIG FAT LIAR, I dont even think it's his real name. THIS GAIN SAVER COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM. These people needs to be arrested. I purchase a laptop from them 6 months ago and I still have not gotten it as yet. I have called and called and called, they said they never receive my cashier check, anyways I called my bank and they told me that the check have been processed. I sent the fed-ex repot to them that shows that it was delivered and still they dont want to do a thing about it. I dont want other people to get scam so please dont do business with these people. They are LIARS

12th of Dec, 2009
    Gainsaver/Macbook 2.2GHZ - broken product / did not return money
    Arizona
    Phone: 928 204-2315

Gainsaver runs a scam. The first Macbook we ordered arrived but the display got totally corrupted after a few minutes of operation. We were promised a replacement which never arrived.
    We made more than 15 calls, were put on hold or call was not returned. Promises finally were made bit after 6 weeks we still had no computer and wanted to shop somewhere else but needed
    the money returned. We got promises that the money will be returned to our account in 3 days but it never came. Always an other excuse until we had to call our bank to forcefully get the money reversed on the visa card.
    The scam of the company is clear: if you do not choose the EXPENSIVE OPTIONS you will get the runaround until you get tired.
    If we would have paid by check it would have been very difficult to get our money back.

• Cl
      21st of Dec, 2009

I COMPLETELY agree with these people. AWFUL customer service, AWFUL products. didn't know that it was ok for customer service people to yell at their paying customers. i have had TWO computers with them. The second didn't work right out of the box. Made sure it was completely charged and everything. Crashed after 3-10 minutes of use. Took it to the Apple store and they ran a diagnostics test on it for FREE and confirmed that the hard drive is bad AND that it didn't even have an Apple hard drive in it. They have no problem taking your money... paid for the original shipping on first computer, 3 months later have to return it for bad video card, pay with full insurance on it to ship it back, they cahrged me again for shipping the second one also. My "refund" would not be for the original amount that i am paying my credit card for. So i am out interest, no computer, paying for internet service on something i do not own and am out over $100 for shipping crap equipment. Not quite sure what i paid an extra $150 for for a 3 year warranty that they will not honor.
    STAY AWAY... PLEASE. Keep your money and go elsewhere.

• Di
      12th of Jan, 2010

I am one of their latest victims. I bought an iMac assuming it had an original keyboard and mouse and the OSX. They sent me a cheap alternative keyboard and mouse that doesn't even match the iMac, and it has no OSX. I requested an RMA to return it only to be told they refuse to refund my money! I'm in touch with my bank to see what they can do. Wow, I learned a hard lesson. Shame on Gainsaver!

• Co
      12th of Jan, 2010

To this day, I can't understand why the Federal trade Commission and numerous other consumer protection agencies still allow them to be in business.

• Ow
      20th of Feb, 2010

Gainsaver is a con and they will take your money. Ordered 7 computers from them they sent me 5. THEY cancelled and changed my order twice but only changed the prices not the models or anything else so that the money I paid them equalled the 5 computers they sent me. Basically they screwed me out of $500 with a simple bait and switch and it took over 3 months to get the 5 of the seven computers. One of my worst experiences with a business EVER. Trying to assuage my anger by posting everywhere anyone may see it so that no one else will have to go through such a horrible experience.

• Ro
      29th of May, 2010

If you are dissatisfied with Gain Saver, please file an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau: http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Gain-Saver-100035353 Their rating needs to be brought down as low as possible. Right now they have an A+ which is absurd. Please help screw them as they have screwed all of us. Thanks.