www.audiobooks.com / Audiobooks - Unethical Schmucks

United States Review updated:

1. This company has misleading advertising, claiming to have books for download that they don't have and leading people to sign up for free trials that are difficult to cancel and lead to credit card charges.
2. This company refuses to allow you to cancel your membership except through a phone call during certain business hours supposedly for security reasons (although they have no problem with you submitting credit card and personal info to them, which makes the whole security thing a little to fishy).
3. This company is not accessible to the disabled, despite being a service that would be highly used by the disabled. Their website is highly inaccessible.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY. www.Audible.com is a great as well as SAFE alternative.

Comments

• Au
      29th of Apr, 2012

Hi there fellow audio book lover,

We're sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience with Audiobooks.com. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will use your feedback to improve our user experience.
    If you are interested in sharing more feedback, or even giving our service another shot, please get in touch with us.

Ian - General Manager, Audiobooks.com - [protected]@audiobooks.com

• St
      13th of May, 2012

I completely agree with the first complainer. As they said, the company will lead you on by claiming they have a book you want to read, only to not have it on their site at all. I originally signed up for a trial so I could temporarily use a book for a research paper, only to find the bleeping, lying site didn't have it. I was redirected to Audible.com and told to purchase it from there. And if that weren't enough, they charge way too much. I was just charged $29.99 because I foolishly thought they would give me a seven day trial period, and I waited till the 7th day to cancel. $29.99 a month? Netflix doesn't even charge that much, and their services are valuable than the crappy selection having, misleading, audiobooks.com. Do not sign-up with these punks.