World Web Pages / ILD teleservices.com / unauthorized charges

My AT&T phone bill showed a charge appearing from the above company which I never authorized. I called the number AT&T gave me that was for ILD teleservices. They told me that they are only the accounting part of this firm & gave me number for World Web Pages [protected] to call.

World Web Pages rep told me that one of my employees authorized the service. I asked them if I can see/listen to the recorded authorization. Person told me "that is a third party calling & let me see if I can find it" . She did find it & let me listen to it. The recorded conversation did not include the full live conversation with my employee but only words such as "administrator", "Yes", "Yes" . It appeared that it had been edited.

I talked to my employee and she told me they (the telemarketing company) wouldn't quit calling. They called our business every 15 minutes and said they are calling from yellow pages and only want her to confirm the advertising within yellow pages. They asked her position within the company. My employee said "seamstress and she is not an authorized person ". They tricked her basically to say "administrator" and "yes" to some of the obvious questions . They told her that there will be information sent to us via mail. I do not remember receiving any mail from WWP .

I spent alot of time this afternoon calling them as not straight forward reaching them. They took out Feb month's charges off but not January charges.

I am very upset with World Web Pages to allow their telemarketing company to create business for them going fraudulent.

Comments

• Il
      26th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We want to help you resolve the issues you are having regarding the charges on your phone bill. Please contact us so that we can resolve this matter in full.
    You can email us at askild@ildmail.com or you would prefer to call us, please call our hotline at 800-953-7765.

Monica Melgar
    ILD Teleservices

• Ta
      25th of Jun, 2010

I agree totally world web pages is a fraudulant company they hit my phone bill for 10 months when i caught it att said they could not do anything except block it from happining again. so these people ripped me off for 350.00 and i have to go through their customer service to try to get my money back, well aint that a freakin joke. also 800vmailbox is another one of these sorry fraudulant companys. you should take the time to turn them in to your local fcc & public utilities commision. stop these criminals !!!

• Ml
      20th of Sep, 2010

Unfortunetly this just happened to me. My boss showed me the AT&T phone bill with an unknown charge. I called the number on the bill, it was for Payment One Corp. They too are only the accounting party for the crooks World Web Pages and gave me this number (1-800-530-3147) to call.

Nick from World Web Pages said that the services were authorized by me and said he can have me listen to the recording. To there convenience ther system was down and they would have to have someone call me back in order to give me my credit. I demanded for credit and he hung up on me.

Just like what happened with Roxy's employee the telemarketing company wouldn't quit calling even though I would hang up on them; until I gave in. They say they are calling from yellow pages and only want to confirm the company information for the listing. They ask for my position within the company. I said secretary and that I can not authorize anything, they assure me it's not a sales call and that I won't be billed for anything. We will receive "coupons" or whatever in the mail and again they assure me I am not authorizing anything. Yes, they trick you to say "administrator" and say "yes" to all questions asked by the confirmation department which is a recording not a live person. They even have you say your date of birth. By the way you never receive anything in the mail.

If "Yellow Pages" reps call you with a Hindu accent, HANG UP!