World Gym / They tried to charge for classes that were free

Desert hot springs, ca world gym has boxing to members as a free class. Recently in 7-08, via owner, tried to now charge $5.00 a head. Members complained, so now they will cut the class days down. Greed. The same owner I’m told also owns the LA QUINTA, CA. world’s gym, with record members. They just got greedy in this small town that is isolated from drawing gym members from other areas. Their staff is great, members don’t like this kind of ethics. When you sign up contract, and get a free class, don’t charge or change peoples contract. People brought their contracts to show if necessary-no where is this $5.00 there!!!

Va

Comments

• Fo
      18th of Oct, 2010

Worlds Gym in Desert Hot Springs, Ca.
    I enrolled my husband and I for a 1 year Gym membership. They specifically said, that if by any means, in 30 days, it didn't work out for us, I could bring back the signed certificate and they would give us our money back no questions asked. So what happens when I show up 28 days later? I found out i was signed up for a 2 year contract not a 1 year contract. They said no one there had the authority to handle the situation but the managers which were supposed to call me the very next day and take of the situation immediately. No one called so i had to call them, one of them practically cursed me out, saying that i signed for a 2 year contract because my signature was all over it and i had to pay or go to collections. The other manager was a little nicer but still you could tell she didn't want to be bothered with the drama. I reported them to the Better Business Beaurea and hope that others will do the research before signing up. They are all frauds. We all need to get together and sue their [censor].

20th of Jun, 2011

They are such crooks! HOLY COW! I can't believe i fell for this. I signed up for 1 year- as in 12 months! But somewhere in the fine print, it stated there was automatic renewal. This automatic renewal was explained as the option of continuing after the 12 months, not mandatory! So I called during the 10th month making sure there weren't and hidden hoops I had to jump through and they said no! I ended up having to pay for 13 months and cancelled my bank account. When I talked to the manager, JIM RYAN, he insulted me (a customer) and played the age card. Screw World Gym. Needless to say, I'll be using this last month to my full advantage and get my money's worth. I am going to annoy them until the end.

Also, they advertise that at any time, you can cancel your contract if you have a medical condition or you are moving to a location without a World Gym- load of bologna. They wanted me to pay almost $200 to cancel it, even with a utility bill! Screwwwww them!