World Education Services / bad communication, delayed evaluations

United States, New York, New York Review updated:
World Education Services
1 Battery Park Plaza
Phone: 212-966-6311
I have mailed them my original transcripts for course-by-course evaluation. The same day they received them, the money was taken out of my account and I received a confirmation e-mail. I have not heard from them for a month! I attempted to call numerous times and I would stay on hold for at least 24 minutes and then finally I would get disconnected and have to go over the same staff again. Finally, I got access to the internet and logged in into my account online. It said that they were missing documents. They do not accept orininals, they require them to be mailed from the educational institution you have attended, no matter where it is and what it takes to get them after completing the school 6 years ago! The worst part of it is that they did not bother themselves to send me a single letter notifying of the their requirements and missing documents in a month! Now I have to go through the process of disputing that charge on my credit card because they refuse to refund me the money for the service they did not provide me with. Please, be aware of this company!!!

N  24th of Nov, 2009 by
yes they are terrible. complain here:

i'm trying to get my money back right now. What a nightmare.

The NY Better Business Bureau has handled 129 complaints about WES in just 3 months, and for any business what makes it to the BBB is the tip of the iceburg.

If anyone else is having problems you might get a resolution by complaining to the Better Business Bureau who seem to have resolved some of the complaints:

- http://charityreports.bbb.org/public/complaint/complaint.aspx

(check out WES's BBB file here:
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/educational-consultants/world-education-services-inc-in-new-york-ny-9023/ )

also complain here to New York Attorney General Charities Division;

- http://www.charitiesnys.com/complaints_new.html

You can also post a review of them as a charity on the GuideStar database which is an important nonprofit reference, taken seriously by funders and nonprofit researchers:

- http://www2.guidestar.org/ReportNonProfit.aspx?ein=23-7396384&Mode=NonGx&lid=494030&dl=True

World Education Services [WES] Logo World Education Services [WES]