Wolfgang Puck Cookware / exploding lids

NV, United States Review updated:

My mother was using a Wolfgang Puck skillet with the lid cooking on low heat. All of a sudden the lid exploded all over the kitchen. Luckily all the grand-kids were not running through the kitchen at the time like they are usually are. Apparently this is common for this product. My mother always washed the pots and lids by hand and never been in the dishwasher. Careful with this product very dangerous!!!.

Wolfgang Puck Cookware

We
May 09, 2013

Comments

Feb 16, 2015
    Wolfgang Puck Cookware - exploding glass lids
    Wolfgang Puck Cookware
    Largo

This is the third glass lid to explode for no reason. This time in my face while I was cooking. I have photos of it. Wolfgang Puck bistro set. I want replacement lids that are not glass.

• Ka
      Jan 07, 2016

I am totally a unsatisfied customer. Never recommend his pots to anyone/.
    Two covers have broken, one imploded on Christmas Eve on my mussels, ruining my dinner.And the many times I have gotten burned from the handles.
    HOW DOES HE RECTIFY ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Kathleen Grimando
    Forest Hills Queens
    NY

• Me
      Oct 26, 2016

I purchased an 18 piece "Cafe Collection" stainless steel cookware from Sam's club about 3-4 years ago. A few weeks ago I was sauteing onions in the dutch oven and heard a loud cracking sound as if the sound of glass exploding. I at first thought perhaps the ceramic finish on my burner had cracked. The noise continued as I slid the pot off the burned to have a look but it was fine. Upon sliding the pot back onto the shut off burner I realized the pot wasn't sitting flat. I looked into the pot but saw nothing wrong with it. I took out the onions and put into another pot. Once it cooled I flipped the pot over to find the heavy clad bottom had bubbled up like a jiffy pop popcorn container. I can only guess that water had gotten into a faulty seal and when heated blew off the base. I consider myself lucky as this could have resulted in a bad injury. I called and waited for about 1/2 an hour until a young lady answered. The would send a replacement. It arrived yesterday and instead of a 5 qt dutch oven I got a 4 qt sauce pan. I called again today waited almost an hour for someone to pick up. The lady said she' would get back to me by days end or email me. ...NO call No email. Have bought a lot of WP products in the past. NO more.

• Me
      Oct 26, 2016

I purchased an 18 piece "Cafe Collection" stainless steel cookware from Sam's club about 3-4 years ago. A few weeks ago I was sauteing onions in the dutch oven and heard a loud cracking sound as if the sound of glass exploding. I at first thought perhaps the ceramic finish on my burner had cracked. The noise continued as I slid the pot off the burner to have a look but it was fine. Upon sliding the pot back onto the shut off burner I realized the pot wasn't sitting flat. I looked into the pot but saw nothing wrong with it. I took out the onions and put into another pot. Once it cooled I flipped the pot over to find the heavy clad bottom had bubbled up like a jiffy pop popcorn container. I can only guess that water had gotten into a faulty seal and when heated blew off the base. I consider myself lucky as this could have resulted in a bad injury. I called and waited for about 1/2 an hour until a young lady answered. She would send a replacement. It arrived yesterday and instead of a 5 qt dutch oven I got a 4 qt sauce pan. I called again today waited almost an hour for someone to pick up. The lady said she would get back to me by days end or email me. ...NO call No email. I have purchased a lot of WP products in the past. NO more.