Windstream / lousy service!

United States Review updated:
1.65
Phone: 352 595 3740
I am so upset with windstream right now. On my windstream home page for emails i had a folder called STUFF. Tonight around 7:24 pm i am typing a response to an email i had in my stuff folder. Well guess what, all at once mt email that i was working on disappears a message comes across about something not being right then zip it is gone also. So I'm thing that if it went to lala land it might turn up in my trash folder. Nope not there. So i look back in my STUFF folder yeppp you guessed it all my saved stuff is gone i look back to the trash folder nope not there. Called da tech rep what a clueless answer i get from them "its not suppose to happen we don't know where it went and we can not get it back." duhhh what happen to my stuff, all my info, pic's gone, - amm i hate windstream right now. Its stuff i can not get back.

Comments

Iv
  7th of Aug, 2008
IVCO Home Inspection

Thursday, August 7, 2008
Windstream DSL

Has anyone had problems like I have? My DSL service was cut off even though my bill was current. When I called customer service I was told yes it was turned off but we don't know why. The girl at Windstream told me she could fix this but it would be about 7 hours before service would be restored. WHAT I need to access my email and I missed an online class this morning!
OK sir we can try to get back on within the hour.
I asked the girl from Windstream what happened she said she didn't know. I told her I was very upset that this happened, And she said "so what do you want me to do about it"
So what if I missed a class, So what if I had to drive to the library to check my email.
Windstream has us by the ba##'s and they know it.
AH I feel better (NOT REALLY)
I hope no one else has to loose a day of productivity because of Windstream DSL.

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/windstream-dsl-internet-c5881.html - 65k -
Posted by ivcohome at 7:27 AM 0 comments
Labels: DSL, georgia, poor service, windstream
An
  3rd of Apr, 2010
I had WindStream for a little over a year, and I am very dissatisfied with them. First of all, they do not tell you in the beginning that if you have your service turned off at the beginning of the month that you will still have to pay for the remainder of the month. I paid for half of a month that I did not even have service for.

Second (before I had my service disconnected), I had a problem with the phone calls being unclear and I asked them if they could fix it. They could not fix the problem remotely, so they told me someone would have to come out and look at it. They told me that if it turned out to be a problem on my end then I would be charged $75.00, and to avoid that fee I could get the protection plan for $20.00 initially and then $4.99 a month thereafter. They told me that I could cancel the protection plan at any time and that it would cover any repairs to my phone line. She made me think that I would only be charged for repairs on my end. However, they did not tell me that I would be enrolled in this plan for a year, and that if I canceled before the year was up then I would be charged a prorated charge. I have already paid $20.00 and now they say I owe them $60.00 for canceling before the year was up. I should have just paid the $75.00 in the first place. The sad thing is that the repairs ended up being a problem on their end and they just told me that they charge for repairs whether it is on their end or on mine.

So, I see that as WindStream cannot guarantee their service to work properly and in turn they make us pay for their faulty lines or service installations. I could understand paying for repairs that are on my end, but having to pay for problems on their end too is ridiculous. If they would have told me that beforehand then I would have went with another service. I have never had the problems with a phone service as I have had with WindStream. They are not completely honest since they leave these little, but very important, details out. If you do not know to ask these questions then you are left in the dark and charged hidden fees.

Windstream Communications Logo Windstream Communications