Winco / horrible service

1 110 E Myrtle StBoise, ID, United States Review updated:

I have been shopping at Winco for a couple of months since I moved here to Boise but I won't be no longer because of the jaw-dropping bad customer service. There have been several instances, so many that I get sick to my stomach just thinking about walking into that store. With the economy being so bad I am trying to save some money buying my groceries cheaper but Winco's low prices shouldn't come with bad service.

The other morning I went to Winco and purchased one item. By the way, Winco has no express lines so no matter what I have I have to wait in line for 10 to 15 minutes. I recently discovered I could check out at the customer service counter as long as I didn't have anything that needed to be weighed. So I took my juice up to the counter and stood behind a lady purchasing a money order. As she was leaving a Winco employee jumped in front of me and placed a bottle of water on the counter and acted like I didn't even exsist! After she paid I told the lady at the customer service counter "I can't believe that just happened." She didn't know what I was talking about so I explained it to her. She didn't even apologize, she stated she didn't see me!

I told her this is why I don't like shopping her. You guys have horrible customer service. She then told me to have a nice day in a very rude demeaning tone.

A few weeks ago I bought a bagel and some yogurt and since I couldn't find any plastic knives I asked the deli if they could cut my bagel and she acted as if I asked the world from her. She sighed and grabbed my bagel and was extremely rude. When I asked her if the deli had any plastic spoons for my yogurt she told me no in a very rude manner. I asked if she could look for me or ask someone and she rudely stated the entire store had no spoons. When I told the store manager he basicly acted as if I was lying saying she is always polite!

I have too many complaints about this store to list here but these are the biggest ones. And it makes no sense that a major grocery store has no express line. The low prices are not worth the lousey service. I am taking my business elsewhere from now on.

• Pinong's Response, Sep 01, 2017

The Cashier and Manager are stereotyped and rude. They treated us like a trash.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2008

I strongly agree. I have had so many disappointing experiences at Winco. We tried to get customer service to announce that a customer had their car lights on - providing them with the make, model, and plate number - just to have them flatly refuse. The straw that broke the camels back for me was when they informed me that my well behaved, happy, and obedient 2-year-old could not walk, but must be in the cart and then they proceeded to follow me around the store because I choose to carry my child instead of place him on the cart and make comments. I left there - went to Safeway - and there let my child walk around with me... They were polite, even offering him a banana! We will not be shopping at any Winco again. Other stores are there to not only step up in the customer service area but also offer food and FUEL discounts!

20th of Aug, 2018
    WinCo Foods - Winco brand vinella ice cream
    Twin Falls
    Idaho

Bought some ice cream tonight and came home and it the middle of the ice cream was soft the rest was frozen solid and it was frezzer burnt I did buy two things of ice cream but only the vinalle was like this. was going to go back but live to far so I am getting on here to see if it can be resolved some how .

• Pa
      5th of Sep, 2018
    WinCo Foods - meat
    Salt lake

Upon opening meat found brown meat hidden under read meat.
    Store just opened 6 days ago & I've never had this issue before at one of the other stores.

• Pi
      18th of Sep, 2018
    WinCo Foods - cashier/manager
    Longview WA

The Cashier and Manager at Winco in Longview, WA are stereotyped and rude. We brought business to them we've been shopping at Winco for 5 years but the other night we got treated like a piece of [censored] trash..

• Bj
      4th of Nov, 2018
    WinCo Foods - not a complaint
    FRUITLAND
    Idaho

No problems, people shouldn't talk crap about them, just don't shop there again, if there that bad they'll probably be out of business before too long, I personally like winco, great place to shop ! Good prices decent enough selection, and most are open 24 hours, plus there not gazillion Aires like wal Mart !