Williams-Sonoma / Poor customer service

1 Deptford, NJ, United States Review updated:

Williams-Sonoma just sent my order to the wrong address. When I called them to let them know and hopefully obtain the items in my order they left me on the phone for over an hour and a half and then they told me after that if I want to obtain the order I placed a week ago I will have to call stores around the country to obtain the items myself! So much for customer service!

The customer service manager came on the phone with a condescending attitude that she really didn't give a *** about the fact that they didn't deliver. She was mostly bent on making sure that I knew she was better than me (by the way I rather doubt on her salary she could clean my house) and my order was the least of her concerns. So all I can say is this attitude comes from the top. They have nothing but contempt for their customers. I'm just letting people know that they are NOT CUSTOMER friendly even though with the prices they charge they should at least be better than KMART they are not!!!!!!!!! They have the audacity to sue Target and Kohls for copyright infringement, at least they deliver!!! Maybe if they focused more on delivering what they sold, sales might be better !!!!!! I'm, sorry but I felt like I was treated rather badly and I want it out there!

With all this, how do they stay open? Their products are sold other places and cheaper and with such poor customer service they must have ###s for customers! Granted, I was one until today!

Do

Comments

• Je
      13th of Dec, 2007

I certainly can understand Mary's heartfelt statements; I have felt that way many times over the years about various incidents not dissimilar to the way she was treated. The actions of those who are in positions of authority, like the one that treated Mary so badly, are intended to bring a recompense that successfully allows the challenges we face to close with a positive outcome. Part of that recompense should be promises of not letting the original offenses occur again. Properly used by the management infrastructure those experiences should become a mechanism used to improve the company’s customer service and, ultimately, the bottom line.

This clearly does not seem to be the case. Mary, I feel that you should have been offered, to start with, an apology. That should have been followed with a question from the company concerning your perception of what would be needed to make the situation “right.” An appropriate response, in my opinion, would be [for you] to ask for a discount or perhaps free shipping. At that point the company should honor that request and send your item [to the correct address]. Furthermore, to ensure superior performance on the part of the company, they should include with your shipment a discount coupon for your next purchase [should there be one] and a written letter of apology as follow-up.

But we are all human. It could be that the service representative that so thoroughly disgusted you was simply have a miserable day; hurting people tend to hurt people. Understanding this does not excuse the offense.

But Mary, you also have an option, if not a responsibility, to contact the company and fully communicate the seemingly apparent offense from your perspective. This should be done in a non-offensive manner so as not to duplicate the company’s offense to you. When you do this, you allow the bitterness and resentment in you to recede by expressing your hurt through the right channels and, hopefully, obtain complete resolution.

8th of Sep, 2010

Williams and Sonoma recently charged my account twice for the same order. When I called them to inquire they said I had a bank issue. However when merchants run a transaction for approval/authorization the hold that is placed on the bank account cannot happen without the merchant authorizing the transcation. Therefore, they ran the order twice. Ironically, they ran the transaction for two different amounts. I waited on hold for 45 minutes talked to threee different people who were all rude and condescending. I am waiting for the order to arrive and I will be retuning it immediately. Companies should be careful in this economy, people won't tolerate this shifty business.