Wilber & Associates — Violation of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
I have received daily phone calls from this "company" stating that we owe them $2300 for a vehicle accident that was not our fault. I had the "pleasure" of speaking with Keenan who informed me that we didn't have proof of insurance and that the police report stated that the accident was our fault. I tried telling her that her information was inaccurate and that we did, indeed, have insurance and have proof to that matter as well as the police report indicating the other driver was at fault. She was firm in her insistence in obtaining my social security number and credit card information so she could collect the money she felt was owed. When I refused to give her any information, she instantly raised her voice to me and proceeded to tell me that she was going to have my and my husbands drivers licenses and insurance suspended. (Doing so would result in immediate termination of my husbands employment).See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Normal, IL When I told her that she has just violated at least 8 articles of the Fair Debt Collection Protection Acts and to no longer call me, she told me that she would "continue to blow up my phone everyday until the matter is resolved" and then she hung up on me. This company never sent any written verification of the debt that they were trying to collect, used harsh and demeaning language, implied that she was a licensed attorney, threatened us with suspension of our licenses, implied that we committed a crime by not have proper insurance and threatened to contact our local law enforcement agency as well as multiple other scare tactics to get us to submit to them. Do your research on this company prior to doing any dealing with them. They are scam artists, pure and simple. I did file a fraud complaint with our Police Department and the local officers are following up with them. To say that these people and their practices are unethical, is an understatement in its purest form.
More Wilber & Associates Complaints & Reviews
- Wilber & Associates - False Claim 
- Wilber & Associates - getting my licence suspended
- Wilber & Associates - Debt Collections
- Wilber & Associates - Attorneys / insurance
- Wilber & Associates - This lady threatened me and lied about the accident
- Wilber & Associates - This company's driver was guilty, but he lied the police
- Wilber & Associates - subrogation/debt collection
- Wilber & Associates - payments/ and they are super rude!!!
- Wilber & Associates - wrongful collection of debt and violation of disputed debt 
- Wilber & Associates - policy