[Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt / why not lease it scam

1 Vero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased some items back in March 2017 total in 1003 dollars I made all my payments and when it past 6 months I was told that it would pay itself off after the payments in 9month period when I called to check on the amount of payments the rep said that I had paid $920 on the merchandise cost but that was not applied to the buyout option so when I asked where was the payment going to the rep said only toward the least amount and to buy out I owe 545 if I pay cash he said he would spread out over six weeks payment so in other words they decieved customers about the payout program never once said that they will be additional cost to buy the items after you have already paid for the merchandise items through lease program a big scam Sears and Kmart should be ashamed of themselves with things like this people should file a class action lawsuit this is horrible and ridiculous I will return everything and they can have it I will make sure to have all 11 of my co-workers cancel out their account because I am pretty sure they are not aware of this scam.

• Resolution statement

• WhyNotLeaseIt Customer Care's Response, Aug 08, 2017

Dear Ms. Priscilla,

I am extremely sorry to hear of your frustration. All of our marketing materials, Terms and Conditions and our lease agreement clearly lay out our program requirements. As a part of our policy, a copy of the lease agreement is provided at lease commencement and is available to the customer in their online account.

Our Lease program is not a finance or lease to own program. Rather, TEMPOE purchases the merchandise on the customer’s behalf and leases the property to the customer for a required minimum term. Upon completion of the minimum lease term, customers have the flexibility of three options: (1) continue to lease on period-by-period basis by retaining possession of the property, in which case additional periodic payment(s) must be made in the same frequency and amount as during the initial term; (2) terminate the agreement by returning the property to us in good condition, fair wear and tear expected; or (3) call us to arrange a purchase of the leased item.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerclaims@tempoe.com and we can discuss your account with us. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you!

Pr
Aug 5, 2017

Comments

• Th
      16th of Aug, 2017

Hello Priscilla, I have had a similar issue for quite some time with Whynotleaseit. I had know idea that you contact the company following that initial 5 month period beyond the lease to identify your options. As opposed to the lease payments continuing to be debited from your bank account. Also, this lease agreement should have been paid for some time ago for me. If you are interested as well as any others in filing a class action lawsuit with a consumer attorney I would certainly want to be part of that. My name is Tom B. and my email address is: tbrown5923@hotmail.com. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you.

• La
      3rd of Mar, 2018

@Thomas J. Brown, Jr I too am a why not lease it customer that is intetested in a class action suit if there ever is one. Email: creationsbylayla@yahoo.com my purchase was a dishwasher & payments are continuing to be taken out after my lease date was over. This month they took out 3x & all transactions went up each time.

• Mi
      24th of Oct, 2017

Stupid stupid me, i could have went to walmart for 55 in T.V. for 600 dollars, instead sears why not lease it rippe me off for over $1200 dollars, i have rented in the past from Aaron's. they are a reputable company after so many months you pay off your item, they have clear contract, i want to get in on the class action suit.

• Np

• Sb
      27th of Jan, 2018

Whynotleaseit scam!

21st of Apr, 2018

I got a 500 dollar air conditioner a year and a half ago they take there payments out of my account I’ve done paid 1, 000 dollars and still paying I also got a stove 400 dollars I’ve done paid 600 and still paying u never pay off u constantly lease forever the lady explained u never own I just called today the lady told me I can buy out the air conditioner for an additional 400 dollars ? God dang and buy out the stove for and additional 300 dollars ? I will never do business with these people again never ever ever ever I’m done I called my credit card people and put a stop on them taking my money I’m currently in the class action suit against them they owe me money don’t let these people lie to you they will do and say anything to get out of this mess .

• Sh
      21st of May, 2018

@John crammer jr If you are in a current lawsuit, please provide information on how others can join in your suit.
    Or email me at:
    shbeckham29@yahoo.com

• Bl
      21st of Jul, 2018

I too have an issue with Why Not Lease It. My bill was paid in full on my TV and my washer/dryer as per the rep I talked to last year. Now I have $1034 listed in collections from TEMPOE LLC. No luck reaching Why Not Lease It and no notice from them that I owed anything more and my address nor email address has changed. Phone number was changed but nothing else. I want this off my credit. What do I do?

• Ap
      20th of Sep, 2018

I am going to file a class action lawsuit. This company has gotten almost three times the value of our purchase from us and had the nerve to say we still owed them! I asked where all of our money went. I was told toward the lease with a small fraction toward the purchase. Problem, we have paid 1 year and 5 months, almost triple the price. We never received a letter or anything from them stating my lease would continue for the rest of my life! I was informed by the sales rep at sears when we purchased our equipment that this is the way to finance theough sears and at the end of the lease it is paid in full! Total lie! On the phone with the company today, the rep said no it doesnt work that way and was only interested in telling me her terms over amd over! When i told her we wanteded a refund for them charging us yet again 17 months later a double payment today, they were unwilling to refund our money. In short they have the worst customer service ever, the worst business practices and told me as a courtesy they can just close the account after ripping us off for almost three times the value of our equipment. If I hadnt gottent concerned about the double payment today amd called, I guess I would have paid for the rest of my life. They said thank uou for being a valued customer!!! What!!! They have no value for their customers! They are only interested in ripping people off! We are filing suit!