Wfnnb/ann Taylor / Fraudulent collection action

1 4590 BOARD STREETColumbus, OH, United States Review updated:

Early this year I have been contacted by the collection company saying that I have a debt of a $100+ with the fees comes to $228 which I owe to WFNNB/Ann Taylor store.I have forwarded a letter to the collection company and WFNNB/Ann Taylor collection department sent by certified mail asking to provide a proof that debt had been acquired by me and it's validity. At this point me and my 7month pregnant wife had applied for a coop and were getting ready for a board meeting and we really needed to move out of our old apartment. My credit history was always flawless I have an auto lease for over 30000$ which is always paid on time and all of my cards are paid in full by the end of the every month so if I had bought something even for a 100$ and decided to take it on the card it would be paid in full right away. I also wanted to note that I had never received any statements or phone calls from the WFNNB/Ann Taylor saying that I owe money and being late on payment the first call was from collection company and at that point I had been shocked with the news and phone call had been received in January/February 2010. In 30 days I received no response from neither Collection company or WFNNB/Ann Taylor and managed to fail a coop board meeting based on low credit score and pending collection action !!! Can you imagine? I spent a lot of money for board and at that time my wife about to give birth and we couldn't move to the new place closer to the place she was supposed to give birth! She had an early labor because of all the stress. Now I receive another phone call from different collection company about the same debt so the previous one had no proof debt was mine and sold it over to another company. Also on the credit report is says that debt had been acquired in April 2009 and reported to collection in May 2009, one month later how is it possible?

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Nov, 2010

Hello,
    My name is Trisha Jackson and I work for Alliance Data, the parent company of WFNNB. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. If you'll email me you full name, address, phone number and last 4 digits of the account number, I can help investigate this issue and have someone call you directly.

Trisha Jackson
    Interactive Marketing Manager
    Alliance Data
    trisha.jackson@alliancedata.com

• Fo
      22nd of Mar, 2011

As a former employee for Ann Taylor, I find it discusting that district managers are still employed after knowing and allowing her stores to open fraudulent accounts. By fraudulent, I mean using tourist passport info and looking up addresses for local timeshares. Simple as that... Get tourist info, write it down... Inform customer they are receiving a discount for showing passport.. And then calling their info in to your division. What's the end result? The District manager looks good on the financial aspect of making goal.. What's the real result? You've lost money, and have part in it! Makes you wonder about it.. Ever look into it? Maybe you should... And so should MasterCard .