Westgate Canyons / timeshare overcharge and not delivered
1. We bought before the first building was built. The pressure was incredible. They said go with the 1 bed room and they would upgrade us if things were available. After 9 years and no upgrades.
2. So we upgraded and paid an additional $5000 and paid another $500 in maintenance. And when we checked in we got a room smaller than we expected. I complained and they said they had nothing else. Even though it was the off season.
3. We pay that much for maintenance and:
- the door in the bath room does not move freely and hits the toilet
- Door frame was busted.
- Internet cost $40 per week additional per computer
- TV's are old even though 2 years ago they were going to upgrade them to flat screens
- They are switching tv service providers so we have almost no channels
- Movies cost $6 per night at the game room.
- 20 oz bottled soda's are $2.
- Hot dogs are $2 and a small bag of potato chips are $2. Really. Is this Disneyland.
Actually I don't think it's that much there.
- Why is everything an extra charge. Kids activities are $5 each kid.
- Resort is in Utah and does not seem to be kid friendly. Hikes require kids to be over 8 and the ping pong tournament requires that you be over 18. Come on this it UT where there are more kids per capita than anywhere in the world.
- water spout on the jetted tub was broken.
- Customer service on responds when you go up the chain and complain to management when they are around the following day.
- Sales person was mysteriously not available the 5 different times I went to the sales office.
- I have heard nothing but complaints from other owners.
- bonus time for members who paid $10000 + maintenance fees is $125 per night. That's great until you realize that non owners can rent a night the same week for $130 to $150 for the same unit. So I pay $800 a week to get a $5 savings per day. Wow. This is a great value.
- I have approved 10 commercial leases in shopping centers where I have never seen anything more than $10 per square foot per year in Maintenance fees etc... So if the space id 1000 sqft you would pay $1000 per hear for NNN (tax, maintenance, service). Westgate charges $800 + per week. That is almost 50 times greater than a shopping center or mall would charge. Really? Does it cost 50 times more than a commercial shopping center? And then what do you get, crappy service. Poor reservation services.
- I will admit the Manager did treat us right in the end. After the 2nd day of informing him I was going to get $800 of flesh from his employees and I was going disrupt his life for the week he upgraded us to the Presidential Suite. Very nice and if we got this each time I'd be satisfied and would pay for it. We won't. True to form we will be pigeoned holed to a building we did not intend to buy and would not have upgraded to if we knew that is what we were going to get. We expected the 2 bedroom in the Elk Lodge (which is where we were for 9 years with a 1 bedroom). We found out we were sold the Bear lodge. Which is smaller.
- Everyone in the resort seems to think the Bear and Elk are the same size and configuration. I can assure you that after spending 9 weeks in these units I can certainly tell the difference. Maybe the sales people ought to be more informed about the real estate they are selling. We should have been given a floor plan.
- How did we mis that we were being moved to a new building? It doesn't say the lodge it give a CODE for a lodge. Only an insider would know the codes.
More Westgate Canyons Complaints & Reviews
- Westgate Resorts - class action 
- Westgate Resorts - Vacation Package - westgate resorts is duplicitous 
- Westgate Resorts Fraud - fraud sales practices and no fraud dept 
- Westgate Resorts - refund policy 
- Westgate Resorts - tricks up their sleeves! 
- Westgate Resorts - timeshare
- Westgate Resorts - bed bugs inside my hotel room
- Westgate Resorts - timeshare
- Westgate Resorts - time share purchase and cancelation
- Westgate Resorts Branson Woods - being placed in a substandard unit, twice, which caused physical and emotional distress.