Webrestaurantstore.com / incorrect products/false advertising

United States, Pennsylvania, Lancaster Review updated:
WEB Restaurant Store
I ordered two Comark thermometers that they had pictured and described on the website.
They sent me two thermometers that were not COMARK. They were not better than the COMARK and they were not similar to the COMARK. There was a description of the thermometer they were supposed to send. The ones they sent instead of the COMARK did not match the description on the website. I consider this FALSE ADVERTISING.
I contacted customer service regarding this issue. They stated "we have many suppliers we get our products from, you don't always get what is shown in the picture" I stated " not only was it not as pictured, it was not as described". Customer service said they would send out the correct ones. I stated, "Oh, so I will get the COMARK thermometers then? " Customer service could not guarantee that I would get the COMARK brand thermometer.
I said "the only reason I ordered them is because I wanted the COMARK brand, as shown and described in your ad. If I can't get what I ordered or what you show and describe, I would rather just return these, and get what I want somewhere else". Customer service said okay, she would get a return authorization number, and information on sending the items back. She was to e-mail me the information. I said "Will I get a FULL REFUND including shipping?" Customer service said "YES"
The RA# was e-mailed to me with directions to return the items. In the directions it stated that I would have to pay my own return shipping. It also stated that I would be credited only for the cost of the items returned minus 20% restocking fee, and not the freight of $9.53 that they charged me to send them.
I contacted customer service again, before I returned the items, stating my concerns about the return policy.
Customer service stated "that is just a computer generated return policy". She assured me that I would get a FULL REUND including their shipping cost.
Okay I returned the items. It only cost me $2.43 to return the items, and that was with a "Delivery Confirmation Receipt" from the Post Office. They charged me $9.53 shipping to send the items. Figure that one out.
So, it took two days for them to receive the items. They just e-mailed me a notice that said they recieved the items, and they would apply credit to my credit card. The credit they were applying was only the cost of the items, not the shipping! WHAT???
I contacted them twice about the shipping cost credit. Both times I was assured I would recieve the FULL CREDIT.
This company is a RIP-OFF!

D  12th of Nov, 2013 by
I have been doing heavy business with these folks for 5 years. They have stood behind every product and have been delightful. I am dismayed to see your comments.

Webstaurant Store Logo Webstaurant Store