Water Boss/900 / Bad Units

MN, United States Review updated:
DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT. All the complaints you read about it are true. I am going to throw the unit away and chock up my losses, before i have more headaches with it. DON'T BUY

Comments

Do
  11th of Mar, 2009
I just installed a WaterBoss 700 in a house with a well. The water was SO BAD that you could not drink or stand the smell! This little unit solved the problem! It is working great!
Since it worked so well I purchased a WaterBoss 900 (City water) for my personal house. This unit also works GREAT ! I do not know why people are putting these units down. It must be the competition! Why spend $1000's when these little units work! Why do you think Home Depot sell's so many...
Ya
  25th of Nov, 2009
When you figure out what the original post here describes, you will understand the problem. Sure! The unit will soften your water. The problem is that the design is so bad that not only will it use too much salt but it will recyle when youu are using water and then your whole system will be filled with hard water that may take days to flush out. And if you need customer support, good luck! Be prepared for the most obnoxious and rude treatment imagineable. Don't believe that? Just look at reviews in other forums. One 70 year old gentleman said that he was treated more poorly than he had ever been treated in his entire life when he called WaterBoss TS. That review is at Amazon.com. WaterBoss softeners are terribly designed and it seems as if the people at the company simply hate their customers. They show them pure disdain! Just all them and see for yourself.
Ch
  27th of May, 2010
I called the Water Boss Help Line and received great support. This is the first time I have had to call them, I have had my softener for about five years now. All I have ever had to do was add salt, but recently my home experienced a long power outage. Since it has been so long, and I cannot find my manual I looked up their website to get the phone number. I called and was greeted nicely, some one stepped me through the process of setting my control. All I needed was the instructions, but I appreciated that they took the time to get me familar with the componet again. Then I was offered a manual and test strips to be sent at no cost to me!! I was suprised I didn't even have to ask or pay!!! I'm sure there are people who have good luck and bad luck with products and even support from time to time. I'm not one of them. I was satisfied with the help from beginning to end. Pure distain?? Not at all.
Da
  7th of Sep, 2010
I purchased a Waterboss 900 Bought it january 23rd 2010, and installed it the next day. Over the past four weeks, the unit started puuting large amounts of salt thru the faucets, and was losing resin thru the drain line. I notified Waterboss, sent a sample of the resin, and they are now requiring me to send them the unit via shipping at "my" cost so they can repair their defective unit. BS. I'll throw it in the scrap pile never to buy or recommend a waterboss to anyone I come in contact with, and I work in the construction industry. Costly lesson learned.