Washington Gas / gave my account away
In September/October 2007 Washington Gas cancelled my Washington Gas/Washington Gas Energy Services account and gave it to another individual but using my address and my account number.
When I discovered the mistake I hurriedly sent off a check for my budget account amount. I called both Washington Gas and Washington Gas Energy Services and was stonewalled. Finally in mid-November and very tired sounding customer service person told me she would try to straighten it out with "accounting" but I needed to know they were outsourcing customer service to the Phillippines.
I wrote a letter to Washington Gas and cc'd everyone I could think of: My DC City Council Rep, The Washington Post and the Mayor. I was connected to the DC Office of the Peoples Council who started negotiations with Washington Gas. There is a law in DC against slamming.
I thought some progress had been made in January but it was illusory. They have not credited me the $225 I paid, they keep billing me for both gas and distribution (slamming requires that I pay only distribution) and they have not given me back my budget account. In fact there has been no written communication, just bills and scary notices.
It is now August 4 and I have received two Notices to Disconnect, one July 3 (right before a holiday, how nice), and one August 1. I now have the DC City Council, the Counsel to the DC City Council, the Office of the People's Counsel and much of my time involved in fending off these arrogant suits.
I need a referral to an attorney who knows how to deal with these people.
More Washington Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Washington Gas - completely frustrating 
- Washington Gas - awful company
- Washington Gas - be careful with their &estimated& billing
- Washington Gas - billing 
- Washington Gas - vandalism, billing, lying 
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - poor customer service and wrong information
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - unlawful disconnection of gas services
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - service stop date was delayed, forced to pay for someone else's usage
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - incomplete excavation and remediation of property damage
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - getting bills for services that I did not use