Wachovia Dealer Services / Disaster

1 2627 nw overlook drive apt 1013Hillsboro, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5038288119

So back in august of 2006 I started working for a car dealership and found a vehicle I wanted to purchase. I had fairly crappy credit but was approved by WFS Financial who was later bought out by Wachovia Dealer Services. So what happened is I kept the car until January of 2008 and sold it due to the high interest rates and wanting to get rid of my car payment. I sold the car and drew up a contractual agreement that stated to the buyer that when I received the title in the mail i would sign it over to him and all would be said and done. It is now present day April 29th 2008 and i still have not title in hand. I was told when I sent in the final payoff check to include title release information of who to mail it to and what address. They actually sent the title to the wrong address, "my old address" they had on file for some strange reason. So now what has happened is that they sent me a lien release letter--to the wrong address again!!! No kidding. So now they have express shipped me a new lien release letter to the correct address and when I took it to the bank they tell me I have to pay a lost title fee $55.00 and a title transfer fee $55.00 so at $110.00. Not to mention the tags have since expired on the car and cannot be renewed without a title and the new owner of the car has paid for two trip permits at $20.00 each so $40.00 total and you are not allowed to get more than two trip permits a row in Oregon so he has been pulled over 4-5 times and hassled because he has no proof of ownership besides the bill of sale. I spent this entire morning on the phone and worked my way up to the office of the president who in short told me that I only mailed them a check with no title release info and the used the best address they had which is a total lie. I was told they would not incur any costs and that they were sorry for my frustration but could not help me because there is now way they made the mistake. I have photocopies of the letter that I signed and dated telling them to mail it to the proper address in bold huge writing. In short I was made into a little person that did not matter and there was no one else to talk to. Not to mention the person who bought my car has gone through his own hardships by not having the title. Wach out for Wachovia there are crooks who don't care about anything having to do with keeping their current or ex-customers happy period.

Comments

• Ro
      13th of Mar, 2009

There are agencies that can assist you. Call your state attorney general’s office, , file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, and make sure you tell everyone in your social circle to stay away from Wachovia. They are a lower grade bank with low class employees. Yes it is their jobs to collect moneys from debtors like everyone on here. After all, you don’t see anyone complaining about GETTING a loan! However, it is evident that they do not provide service after the sale and are a very sub standard banking-lending institution. I would suggest keeping very tight records and maybe seeking any legal advisement you can. Come places have free legal assistance, some radio stations (talk radio stations) will have call in legal advisement shows. Take advantage of them! Not only is it free, it also puts the name of the company out there for people to hear and avoid.

• Bl
      21st of Apr, 2011

I totally agree. Just calling to try to get someone to fax a lien release to the DMV is a [censored]. No one seems to know who does what job at that [censored]en place. And I think its stupid how Wells Fargo Bank does not share the same database as Wachovia since they are the same company! BEWARE, do not engage in business with Wachovia!