VW Touareg / retail installment agreement

VA, United States Review updated:
I purchased through a retail installment contract a 2006 VW Touareg which I was told I could purchase at the end of my agreement for 2.48% interest . With my agreement coming to an end in a 7 months I decided to start researching options so I could make an educated decision on keeping or turning my vehicle in. I have now learned that this financial product I was sold does not exist and I am stuck with my vehicle until the end of my retail contract - June 2009.

Comments

Th
  15th of Jan, 2009
I am at the end of my 3 year lease with my Touereg. I was preparing to turn in the car early. I thought I had 1 more payment to make when I noticed I owed 2 more payments. I called VW credit to inquire as to why there was an additional payment, since my leased ends within 30 days.

I was told that I had a "balloon" payment on my lease agreement and that I owed VW another payment. I was not told of this payment when I leased the car. If I had known, I would not have leased the car if I had known that. I have been a VW, Audi & Porsche customer for many years. They would not give me a courtesy in waiving the payment even when I told them I planned on leasing a Jetta next month for my childrens use. I obvious will not be taking on a new lease with VW again.

I will formally complain about this payment in writing tomorrow with VW credit. I hope they have a change of heart because they have turned off another customer.

Tom Plesser
Ji
  24th of Aug, 2011
Yeah, good luck with that. They simply don't care. Their end-of-lease agents must be on a commission plan where they keep half of what they charge you. There is no other explanation for how nasty they are.

Volkswagen Logo Volkswagen