Vonage Phone Service / Don't get scamed by Vonage!

1100 Towbin Ave.Lakewood, NJ, United States Review updated:

The device does not work, and customer serv. is horrible. Today Acct Management told me that they will not refund my money because I refused the 2nd shipment and they did not receive it at the return address that is authorized by email. According to UPS the device was delivered back to the original shipping address (1000 Windham Pkwy Ste 129 Bollingbrook, IL), and signed for by someone named Bullock. Everyone I spoke to at Vonage does not make sense. They told me to refuse the device, then they told me that because the device that I didn't received wasn't returned to 1100 Towbin Ave Lakewood, NJ 08701 that they will not refund my amount of $94.48 of unauthorized charges by Vonage to my credit card. Don't get scammed by Vonage. They say you will get a refund but do not refund instead charge you more without being authorized.
Va

Comments

Bo
  18th of Feb, 2009
On 01/23/2009, after cancelling my service, I spoke with a representative of Vonage whose ID number is VXI-MMIRANDA2 who agreed that my account should not be charged the $39.99 disconnect fee, the $70.00 rebate recovery fee should I choose to return the equipment, and applicable taxes to equal the amount of $120.44. I had on 2 previous occasions tried to cancel my service with them but they asked me to try the service out for additional time each time agreeing to extend the period I had to try it out.

I returned the equipment at my own expense to the address they provided via the United States Postal Service. I requested a delivery confirmation for the equipment. The shipping details of the returned equipment are as follows:

USPS Label Receipt Number: 0380 0730 0001 03963533

Status: Delivered

USPS Remarks: “Your item was delivered at 4:33 PM on January 26, 2009 in LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701.”

I have made several calls in an effort to resolve this issue with Vonage with no success. In fact, every time I speak to another individual I receive very different information. On or about January 29, 2009, I was able to speak to a supervisor whose ID number is ETE-CREYES1 who agreed to elevate my concern to company’s management in Lakewood, NJ. She said that although there was a record of my call to employee identified as VXI-MMIRANDS2 there were not notes included from the representative. She informed me that management would have to request a voice recording of the telephone call to confirm what I was told. She told me to expect a call within 72 hours with a resolution to my issue. That did not happen so I followed up a week later. I was told by the agent that I should give it another 72 hours. That did not happen so I followed up in 10 days, today. Again, my concern has not been resolved. In fact, the agent I spoke with today told me there would be no way they could return the equipment which I sent to them. This, I believe, can be likened to theft of property since it is obvious the company has no intention of resolving my issue and intends to keep the equipment for which they are charging me.

As you can see, I have taken appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve this matter with the vendor.

Vonage Logo Vonage