Vonage / RIP OFF/IDENTITY THEFT

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Vonage stole my credit card number...I recieved a package about a week ago from vonage with their equipment in it and a note saying thanks for the order. I ignored it for a few days until I tried to use my phone only to discover that it had been shut off by my current carrier because VONAGE was taking over my account...I called vonage to find out what was going on and they ran me in circles for several hours until they supposedly agreed to cancel the service that I did not order. I called the credit company to see if there was a charge on my card from VONAGE and there was for $24.95...I disputed the charge and the card company said they were cancelling my card and sending me a new one as they considered mine stolen...Later that day I called the credit company back to find they had tried to charge a $42.00 cancellation fee...I still do not have phone service as Qwest says it will take 6 days, we also lost the phone number we have had for 34 years and qwest was kind enough to give VONAGE my wifes social security number. keep fighting the dirty ###

Comments

13th of Mar, 2010

Dont blame vonage because you cannot secure your personal credit card info, your the idiot that lost his credit card vonage just doesnt randomly steal peoples credit card info stop now before you make yourself look like a bigger idiot

• Ki
      1st of Jul, 2010

vonage is a very greedy company, not only are they holding my existing number hostage that i have had for 14 yrs, and continuing to take payments from my credit card the first of everymonth, Even though i have done a letter of agency form with my new voip carrier, and am saving over 50%, i am in this position because i prepaid vonage and did not know i should have gone on a monthly plan, but they new this when i wanted to port over and took there sweet [censor] time to port, waited untill the 25 th of june and forced me to pay for the month since they had my old credit card number, they are taking there sweet [censor] time and took another month from my account with the new credit card info they got from me thinking they would expedite this... they are fraudsters, and patent thieves, and have paid vorizon over 60 million good glad they got nailed.. dont go with vonage there are much better voip carriers out there they are liars and use the PHILLIPINES as they main custmer service headquarters... stay away keep away the stress, google voip carriers and be happy!!!