Volkswagon Routon / belly in the baby

What a ridiculous commercial...a ridiculous way to sell cars. I wouldn't buy one for sure. Talking to women about putting or not putting babies in their bellies to buy a German car is reminiscent of Nazi Germany. I know that's an extreme reaction, but that's exactly the first thing that came to mind the first time I saw this commercial. I can't believe Brooke Shields agreed to do it.

La

Comments

• Ba
      9th of Nov, 2008

I'm having a baby for the german engineering...now where is my routon!
    it's suppose to be funny not mean...i love those commercials and I'm pregnant and i ask my husband for a routon all the time...LOL

• El
      15th of Nov, 2008

I think that the German Engineering commercial is fine. They are just being sarcastic! I don't think that we should connect the Routon German Engineering to the Nazi's. Just because Volkswagon is a German car company and works with German Engineering doesn't mean that they are a bad company!
    I also don't think that Brook Shields should be criticized for being in their commercial! She is probably just a sarcastic person who just probably said Oh! That would be funny! People having kids for a car!?! That sounds hilarious!
    I think that the commercial is funny. I don't care if the Nazi's pop into your head every time you think about German Engineering!!! That's not the message that Volkswagon is trying to send out! They are just trying to make us laugh!!!

Don't complain that their commercial makes you think of random BAD things!!! I'm sure that you've done something to make someone or multiple people think about Bad events from the past. Whether it be Hitler or one time when they were little and something happened!

Just don't criticize people about something that you've probably also done.

• Sh
      9th of Jan, 2009

I have to agree with the original poster. I too instantly thought of Nazi Germany and the "baby factories" with women having babies for the advancement of the Aryan race. I know, I know, the commercial was meant to be funny and the company is good and all are innocent, BUT it is not a wise move on their part as there's a whole generation of people still alive, watching, who have relatives that have gone through hell and have bad memories of such things. There are probably a number of Germans who don't like the connection either. If you are not personally connected to this part of history or are forunate to be young enough that it doesn't affect you, that's fine but a good segment of the population needs to be considered by the company when advertising in this manner, it's not good for THEM.

• Us
      26th of Apr, 2009

You're an idiot.
    It's clearly humor.

6th of Mar, 2010

It is so wrong to still think that everything that is connected to germany has to do with the nazis.
    It's annoying the hell out of me. Why cant we do jokes?? ... All those nazis arent around any more and today's germans dont have anything to do with those nazis. So why would ya say that about a commercial?? AND PLUS this commercial is not made by germans, it is also not on TV here!