Volkswagen / ignition switch

United States Review updated:

I too am complaining about the faulty ignition switch, you all recalled it up to the year 2010 as if the problem had been fixed. Wrong!! My car is a 2012 and i'm having the same issue that numerous others are having! When will you put later models on the recall list??!! Car is costing me more than what it's worth! Have to rent a car because my key won't turn, then come out of more mo way to get it fixed! Just deplorable!

Eb
Aug 24, 2017

Comments

• Re
      Sep 23, 2017

Same issue for me. Car is 2013 and under 35, 000 miles. When are you going to make the recall VW????????

• Mo
      Oct 26, 2017

Same issue for me !!! Key gets stuck in the ignition. My beetle is in the shop now for two weeks !!! My car is a 2013 . The shop ordered the part they needed from volkswagen...had to take it to a locksmith for it to work !!! they attempted to put the mechanism back in my car and the darn thing broke being that it didn't fit correctly !! when they called volkswagen to order another mechanism, the person at volkswagen said they have difficulty putting the part in also !!! This is ridiculous and quite unacceptable !!! You at volkswagen KNOW this is an ongoing problem yet you don't fix it !!! What's your explanation for this????