Volkswagen / car warranty and air conditioning filters

1 Spain

On Dec. 17/2018 I took my car Golf 2189JZS to VW SAFAMOTOR in San Pedro de Alcantara (Malaga/Spain) to have the 30.000 Km check up. I told the person from customer service that the car was find but there was a problem with the air conditioning; every time I turn it on it smells badly. I was surprised when I was told that VW warranty does not cover that problem. I was shocked the car is only 18 months old, has been well kept and never before with other cars that I had (Ford, Hyunday, MINI) encounter this air conditioning problem. What is the car warranty worth for? Why if there is a problem with the air conditioning filter they do not even bother to check it unless you pay for the cost. What kind of service do you give to your customers? I was more surprised when I was charge for the wiper washer that I just filled in 2 days before I went to the shop. I felt they were stealing from me. Also I think that just for changing the oil and one filter charging 217€ (it only took them 20 min. to do my car) is outrageous. There should be a price list with the different revision you do the cars for the 30.000, 60.000, 90.000 and so on… that way clients will be able to decide whether they want to be robbed or go elsewhere. It is a shame that with such a good car you had such a lame customer service and outrageous prices.

I hope you can give me a reasonable answer with the air-conditioning problem. Otherwise this will be the first and the last time me or my family purchase a VW.

Jo