Having problems with Volkswagen?

Volkswagen reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 21, 2006. The latest review Repair service was posted on Apr 5, 2021. The latest complaint service with my car was resolved on Apr 15, 2019. Volkswagen has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 325 reviews. Volkswagen has resolved 52 complaints.

Volkswagen Customer Service Contacts

800 865 579 2436 (Germany & Other Countries)
1800 607 822 (Australia)
8800 333 4441 (Russia)
1800 888 947 (Malaysia)
+1 800 822 8987 (United States)
+44 800 083 3914 (United Kingdom)
+43 66 246 810 (Austria)
+32 22 337 502 (Belgium)
+45 43 288 360 (Denmark)
+31 800 555 7000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 308 989 (Portugal)
+41 800 402 040 (Switzerland)
+852 36 989 588 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 594 555 (Philippines)
+27 860 434 737 (South Africa)
+82 807 670 089 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 8338 (Argentina)
Berliner Ring 2

Casella Postale 47 - 37137 Verona VR

Netherlands
Antwoordnummer 6, 3800 VB Amersfoort

Philippines
11/F Bonifacio One Technology Tower, Rizal Drive cor. 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines

South Africa
103 Algoa Road, Uitenhage, South Africa, 6229

Volkswagen Complaints & Reviews

Antwerpen Volkswagen — rude staff, and excessively long process.

On July 18, 2017 my husband and I went in to purchase a VW Beetle ( this was after test driving it approx two...

Volkswagennew vehicle in the shop

Hello! We are an American family living in Serbia. We have 6 children. We bought a brand new 2016 VW Transporter this past month in Belgrade. The vehicle had 14 km on it when we drove it off the lot on June 23. After 2 weeks, the Air Conditioning stopped working. This happened on July 5. On July 6 we took it to the VW dealership here in the city that we live, Kragujevac, Serbia. They told us there was nothing they could do until later the next week. Which was unfortunate as we needed our vehicle. We dropped it off the following Monday morning (July 10) and said that we would just leave it there until it was fixed. It is now Saturday, July 15 and we still have no vehicle. We spend 30, 000 Euros on a brand new, yet malfunctioning vehicle that has been sitting in the shop for 6 days. In my opinion, this is unacceptable. We have been promised to have the vehicle back on Monday, yet I am doubtful. While this complaint may fall on deft ears, I feel compelled to let you know the the name Volkswagen, which has been highly esteemed in the past, has completely disappointed. I feel that those in leadership of this company would find my situation unfortunate and would have done everything in their power to expedite the process.

Volkswagenlease/purchase of 2015 - chapman vw/philadelphia

Lease offer: #224639 from Chapman VW in Philadelphia.

My wife and I were offered a Lease/Purchase option on a 2015 TDI ... 36 months ... rebate of $8500 due, I suppose, to age of this new car + the TDI suit ... They had offered $7000 on our 2010 VW Komfort Passat Wagon. The salesperson indicated that the $7000 would reduce our lease payment from 232.21 to 15 and we would have to prepay the whole amount ... essentially the trade + $500. We drove to the dealership (our third trip) and were told "No. A two year option with prepayment of our Trade + $1500." ... We were low-balled at the cost of our time and faith in the dealer.

Lowball offer: 3 Yrs prepaid lease for Trade + $500
    Hour later in Shop: 2 Yrs prepaid lease + $1500. ... Residual #'s within $50.

To be frank and simple: This is dishonesty.

Volkswagen — hoopers vw durban smith street south africa

Good Day We have taken our vehicle in a service this morning at Hooper's VW Smith street Durban Their...

Durban

Volkswagenpoor quality of servicing

I purchased my Volkswagen Vento from Jabalpur in Feb. 2013. I was experiencing a problem from April 2017 that level of coolant is getting drop after few days of running. I was monitoring the level and using the car for short distances up to 80 km for two months. In the mean time servicing was also due so I send my car to Varanasi for annual servicing. There, car serving and some denting work was done. It was informed to me by phone that there is EGR problem in your car but no problem, monitor the coolant level and use the car. When I came out from service center on 24.06.2017, noticed some starting problem some times. Next day after running of about 200km checked the coolant level that was down the same was topped up. After 06 hours I used my car for two KM only. There I experienced starting trouble and car not started. I send the car to Varanasi service center on 28.06.2017 again. I found this feedback from service center that this problem was happened due to faulty EGR.
      My question is from service center is that before sending this car for servicing, there was no such type of problem. I think the problem arises during checking of this EGR system otherwise why this problem aggravated after servicing not before. Next this is very costly part. Volkswagen has bear its cost because if in so costly vehicle such an important part got fail then company has to take responsibility for this failure. Otherwise I will think that I have committed this mistake to purchase the car from this company. Same time service center is to be asked why such type of problem was noticed just after servicing.

Volkswagentrying to trade in for a new vw bug

My name is Brenda Junkin, I've owned VW bugs since 1978, right out of college. I paid cash for a Red Turbo in 2012. It's a stick, which I've always loved and still do love, but want to trade in for a automatic.
        I went to dealer in Bedford Ohio where I bought the one in 2012...Again, this is my 3rd VW Bug. And was told they would give me $7500 as trade in. I have 54000 plus miles on my 5 year old car. I've had a few repairs but ALWAYS have gone to a dealer and had VW repair, with your parts for any need. They said it was because car fax said I had stuff wrong with car out of warranty...Fine, but I paid out of packet for VW parts and labor. I'm loyal to VW. I love you guys.
        I feel that $7500 is not enough for a beautiful car like this. If it were $10, 000 I would trade in for a new VW...

Volkswagen2007 jetta

This is the worst car i have ever owned! I have spent money on car could of bought another, that i should of done! I have put new Alternator, Starter, Exhaust because it caught on fire, Sun Roof came flying out going down highway, and to make things even better the COIL SPRING on driver's side broke going down road and the week before tire blew on driver side front and tore my front left side all up! Don't know what else to do and like to know what i can do with this car? DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO GET ANOTHER CAR!!! And put to much out on this car.

Volkswagensoftware upgrade jerking issue and white smoke

After upgrading software as per the instruction my vento is having huge jerk issue when the engine is cooled and white smoke is emitted, it is damaging the clutch plates and gear box, I have visited service center in hosur road for 3times and have dropped car for almost 15days to check and get it rectified but the love and passion about vw has completely getting vanished due to this issue, request you to please help me with permanent solution

Volkswagen — unethical behaviour

To whom it may concern, On Monday, May 29th I leased a Volkswagen Passat from your dealership at Rick Case...

Volkswagen2004 volkswagen touareg

I purchased a 2004 Volkswagon Toureg about 4 years ago. I have had problems with this car a month after the purchase date. I was told that I purchased the car with 53, 000 miles. The car has completely fallen apart and has been in and out of the shop since I purchased it. The air/heat system went out, the computer to show the mileage went out, the radio went out, the check engine light stays on despite the repairs, the car stalls when I drive, the front lights continue to blow out and now I've been told that the car has an electrical problem and the car will not even start.

I still owe a note on this car and the car will not even turn on. I've had to have the car towed numerous times as the car has been unsafe for me to drive. I need help and compensation. The warranty I purchased did not even help the car, i could not get any repairs will the warranty I purchased, it was a waste of money. In fact, the repair man told me that I did not even need to keep this car. I was told this several years ago. The car sat for one year because I could not even drive it. in other words, this car was not a good purchase. I really need help with this car immediately.

Volkswagen2014 amarok

We purchased a 2014 Amarok with 56000 KM in the Volkswagen dealership in the country of Guatemala. Unfortunately, the transmission went off and when we took it to the dealership they said the warranty had expired 2 months before so we will end up with a bill of about $ 8000.00 because they wanted to replace the transmission completely not just what it was giving problems. After about a month of going back and forth, they reduce the cost of the repair to about $ 5000.00 it has taken them a month to bring the pieces from Argentina and we still don’t have the car after about 3 months. The customer service care is deficient and unfortunately their car control quality as well. Very disappointed.

Langan Volkswagen of Vernon CTairbag recall

On 5/22 I made appointment for a repair on my 2013 TDI Passat as airbag light came on.
                  took the car in at 7:30 AM told after calling at 4:30pm
                  to find out what was wrong they told me they hadn't fixed the problem
                  wanted to let me know I would be charged when clearly their is a recall
                  I went to both Managers thinking I could et somewhere
                  I was told By Dave Schlossen he wasn't interested in helping as I stated i wouldn't return to his store .Mind you I have 3 Volkswagons at home .

Volkswagentiguan

Attention to:-

Chairman of the board of management:
                    Matthias mã¼ller

Rupert stadler
                    Hiltrud d. werner
                    Frank witter

Dear all,

In the first I would like to put emphasis that this is really urgent and very important to have your back-up!!!

Before starting I want to know one thing… volkswagen is a well reputed brand, isn't it??? so being the head representatives of the board, my question is what are you doing to make sure that all your representative worldwide are abiding by your standards for:-

Providing a complete assured “german” service??? as you are well aware till now you have differentiate yourself thanks to your special “lux” and “security” which your brand provides, right???
                    Your brand, is it still that strong, the image is it??? are your representative providing professional and reliable service or customer care to us the buyers who have accepted to purchase your brand though they are expensive??? (just for your info already here in mauritius our legal issues are unfavourable to the resident as we have 200% custom duty, but despite same, I have accepted to pay for a tiguan at 1.9m mur – and for your info we have purchased 3 tiguans!!! with the assurance that we are buying a genuine, reliable and security car…

Ps: al the 3 tiguan were bought in november 2016 – only 5 months have elapsed:

So my answer to you guys is not at all!!!

The service that we are having here sucks!!!, #!!!

Do you know what incompetence mean, well just come over here in mauritius and do an audit with cfao your representative here you will know its definition and even will experience same.

Where to start!!!:

Well:-

One of the tiguan after a month on the road, something with the airbag was found faulty – cfao took more than a 1 month to solve this issue.in the mean time, we were provided with the cheapest replacement car (in other words they have done a barter of a mango for an elephant)
                    The second tiguan all the iron which hold the tyres (sorry I don't know the technical term) are rusted, just after 3 months of use! - for your info, my golf 4 of year 2002, well we are in 2017 (15 years already), well till now I never have this issue. so i'm concern with the security and with the material you have used to construct the vehicle – were them as to the standard of a german car???
                    The cfao “maintenance guy” who for me is just an empty barrel who does not know anything im sure… is inventing lots of stories and bottom lin vis not doing anything to amend the situation.
                    My car is already more than 10, 000 km, I have contacted the cfao for my first servicing, well till now they have not even take the time to provide me a date. this is really serious for me as this is a proof that they don't care about my security. and this is unacceptable as trust me when my security is in question i'm going to sue whoever I can and trust me this will cause a havoc and negative publicity to your brand and sorry for that as I think you should have done your due diligent to make sure your representatives are abiding by your standards.
                    I'm not over, now my car has no ac at all!!! with the heat here, I have to drive without ac as apparently one electrical issue and cfao don't have the part to change the faulty one. I want to know one thing, as trust me me too I use courier like fedex or ups, maximum time is 3 days!!! but here they are asking me to wait a it can take more than 3 weeks to have the part in order to change same!!! what is that!!! are we still in the 60's/70's or what???
                    So bottom line I should have invested in 3 cheapest cars costing just 300, 000 mur… at least then I would agree to have these cheap issues!!! what the use of spending on luxury and high security car if the product is not a genuine one???

What I have decided is as follows:-

Until you either replace my car with a brand new one as it is unacceptable after just 5 months to have all these issues with a brand new car!!! (especially where the security is in question)

Or, to refund me 100% and I will change for another brand where i'm sure they will be worth to spend lots of money with their professional services.

Irrespective of both option, I would like to meet you in person here in mauritius as trust me I will use all the weapons I have which are all in my favour by the way to really, I mean really make this issue public not just here in mauritius, but, to the whole world as we customers are protected by the law and you can't treat us cheap like that. this is called exploitation if not you are stealing from us with your fake assurance of your brand name!

As it is unacceptable for me who have spent so much in your brand and have received defunct vehicles!!!

Sorry for being straight forward with all of you, put you in my place I have no choice.

Volkswagenvulgar birds and bees advertising

Your recent "birds and bees" commercial with it's sexual innuendo is vulgar and highly inappropriate for daytime television where millions of children are watching. I have two small grandchildren I am raising, and don't appreciate having them exposed to these kinds of commercials. As a worldwide corporation I would think you could come up with something a little more family friendly to promote your product. Very dissapointing!!

• Tj
                          tjgabes May 27, 2017

If your grandchildren are over the age of 5 and have access to the internet, they've seen worse.

Volkswagenbirds & the bees commercial

I am appalled! I was watching tv with my kids when this commercial came on. They asked me what was going on with the car. My oldest i'm sure knew what was going on. He doesnt need to be getting any funny ideas from a car commercial! What happened to vols wagon being the peoples car?
                        Definitely wish they didn't see that. I am disgusted & will never be buying a vw in the future

• Je
                            Jeanette Vitar Apr 29, 2017

What is Volkswagon thining!? I am watching a movie with my family and this commercial comes on. Really? Why would they make such a commercial? Please Volkswagon if you want to sell cars, make a commercial appropriate for ALL viewers. Not acceptable!

Volkswagencommercial

Please pull this commercial. The implications are more than highly suggestive. I have two tweens that understand what is taking place in the cars. It's inappropriate and unconfortable and sending the wrong message. I don't care if the people in the commercial are married, sex is a sacred act andnot to be on display no matter how "subtle" the people at VW think they are being (which they are not being subtle at all!)

• De
                              Delia Godinez Apr 26, 2017

The new VW commercial is disgusting and inappropriate! My husband and I where watching TV with our granddaughters ages 10 and 14 when we saw it for the first time and we were appalled at how low the advertisement has sunken to for sales! Please remove this sexually explicit commercial it is not meant to be seen during family hours!

Volkswagenbirds and bees commercial

As a father with young children, I find your commercial tasteless and dispicable. I was watching an NBA game with my twelve year old son and it hurt and frustrated me that there are actually people who could care less about the moral fiber of our families and country in the manner that Volkswagen has exhibited I don't understand how your company and its employees could look your families, friends, or coworkers in the face each day knowing that you've endorsed such immoral behavior u

• Tj
                                tjgabes May 27, 2017

If any of your children have access to the internet, they've seen worse.

Prudes.

• Ir
                                Irritated parent Apr 25, 2017

Tasteless commercial!

Joe Fitts Apr 23, 2017

I agree completely. As a father of four girls I find this completely inappropriate for it to come on TV when I'm watching with my family. Completely tasteless that you have to resort to such cheap attention to sell cars. How can I watch television with my daughters and not feel completely awkward when this trash comes on? I don't find any humor in this at all. Am I supposed to laugh when this comes on them explain to my youngest the meaning behind this? As parents we teach our children to respect themselves and their bodies. Never to seek cheap attention by acting trashy. You trying to pretend to act as a family oriented car maker do go home and explain this to your daughters and the meaning? Garbage.

Chrisnchris Apr 23, 2017

I totally agree with Orlando04...it's annoying and disappointing every time the commercial comes on and I end up changing the channel.

Volkswagenvolkswagen commercial.. birds and bees

Because of your vulgar commercial the birds and the bees..I decided to get rid of my Volkswagen, traded it for a Toyota ( who's commercials aren't vulgar). My four sons also traded their VW'S as did my sister. We just are so upset about the vulgarity of the commercials now a days that the only way to convey this to companies is to boycott their product. I'm very happy with my new Toyota.

• Te
                                  Teresa Fermin (moderationmom) Apr 25, 2017

I am really disappointed that it's still showing. How tacky! VW has already been caught with their pants down so to speak with the emissions fraud now they're doing it in cars at night..Just capitalizing on a catchy old song and the "love bug" phrase will not get you back in our good graces. Have some class.

Mlw526 Apr 25, 2017

Please pull that commercial. I have two tweens who understand what is happening in the cars. The imlication is inappropriate. Poor choice in presentation

Mlw526 Apr 25, 2017

@Mlw526 Implication not imlication.

Chrisnchris Apr 23, 2017

Good for you!!

• Or
                                  Orlando04 Apr 22, 2017

As a Sinner, Christian, husband, father, and friend, I was very disappointed and upset that I had to witness this immoral, Satanic commercial while watching television with my twelve year old son. We were spending quality time watching an NBA basketball game and the commercial totally caught me/ us off guard.What do you say to a twelve year old that you're attempting to raise with morals, integrity and character? All of us will have to answer for our heartfelt actions and however produced, approved, sanctioned, and allowed this immoral, sinful, disgusting commercial to enter the airwaves should really be ashamed of themselves and their families should be as well And to those anticipating the purchase of a vehicle, remember that Volkswagen was fined recently for being dishonest concerning the physical value of their automobiles. Now they are using insidious, immoral commercials hoping to fill their pockets with our hard earned money. Please join me and others in calling on Volkswagen to cease this awful dierespectful attack on our families but mainly, our YOUNG CHILDREN.

Volkswagencustomer service

Terrible terrible terrible customer service from the dealership all the way to volkswagen customer service line. I will never buy a car from them again which is sad because I really like my tiguan and I want out of my lease!!! Terrible service! I will never recommend ganley westside volkswagen to anyone or volkswagen because of the customer service from their complaint line. No empathy

Volkswagen — volkswagen commercial, birds and the bees"

As a mom to 3 young girls, I am very disappointed in vw. These highly sexual "birds and the bees" commercial...