Having problems with Volkswagen?

800 865 579 2436 (Germany & Other Countries)
1800 607 822 (Australia)
8800 333 4441 (Russia)
1800 888 947 (Malaysia)
+1 800 822 8987 (United States)
+44 800 083 3914 (United Kingdom)
+43 66 246 810 (Austria)
+32 22 337 502 (Belgium)
+45 43 288 360 (Denmark)
+31 800 555 7000 (Netherlands)
+351 808 308 989 (Portugal)
+41 800 402 040 (Switzerland)
+852 36 989 588 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 594 555 (Philippines)
+27 860 434 737 (South Africa)
+82 807 670 089 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 8338 (Argentina)
Berliner Ring 2

Casella Postale 47 - 37137 Verona VR

Netherlands
Antwoordnummer 6, 3800 VB Amersfoort

Philippines
11/F Bonifacio One Technology Tower, Rizal Drive cor. 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines

South Africa
103 Algoa Road, Uitenhage, South Africa, 6229

Complaints & Reviews

2014 amarok

We purchased a 2014 Amarok with 56000 KM in the Volkswagen dealership in the country of Guatemala. Unfortunately, the transmission went off and when we took it to the dealership they said the warranty had expired 2 months before so we will end up with a bill of about $ 8000.00 because they wanted to replace the transmission completely not just what it was giving problems. After about a month of going back and forth, they reduce the cost of the repair to about $ 5000.00 it has taken them a month to bring the pieces from Argentina and we still don’t have the car after about 3 months. The customer service care is deficient and unfortunately their car control quality as well. Very disappointed.

airbag recall

On 5/22 I made appointment for a repair on my 2013 TDI Passat as airbag light came on.
took the car in at 7:30 AM told after calling at 4:30pm
to find out what was wrong they told me they hadn't fixed the problem
wanted to let me know I would be charged when clearly their is a recall
I went to both Managers thinking I could et somewhere
I was told By Dave Schlossen he wasn't interested in helping as I stated i wouldn't return to his store .Mind you I have 3 Volkswagons at home .

tiguan

Attention to:-

Chairman of the board of management:
Matthias mã¼ller

Rupert stadler
Hiltrud d. werner
Frank witter

Dear all,

In the first I would like to put emphasis that this is really urgent and very important to have your back-up!!!

Before starting I want to know one thing… volkswagen is a well reputed brand, isn't it??? so being the head representatives of the board, my question is what are you doing to make sure that all your representative worldwide are abiding by your standards for:-

Providing a complete assured “german” service??? as you are well aware till now you have differentiate yourself thanks to your special “lux” and “security” which your brand provides, right???
Your brand, is it still that strong, the image is it??? are your representative providing professional and reliable service or customer care to us the buyers who have accepted to purchase your brand though they are expensive??? (just for your info already here in mauritius our legal issues are unfavourable to the resident as we have 200% custom duty, but despite same, I have accepted to pay for a tiguan at 1.9m mur – and for your info we have purchased 3 tiguans!!! with the assurance that we are buying a genuine, reliable and security car…

Ps: al the 3 tiguan were bought in november 2016 – only 5 months have elapsed:

So my answer to you guys is not at all!!!

The service that we are having here sucks!!!, #!!!

Do you know what incompetence mean, well just come over here in mauritius and do an audit with cfao your representative here you will know its definition and even will experience same.

Where to start!!!:

Well:-

One of the tiguan after a month on the road, something with the airbag was found faulty – cfao took more than a 1 month to solve this issue.in the mean time, we were provided with the cheapest replacement car (in other words they have done a barter of a mango for an elephant)
The second tiguan all the iron which hold the tyres (sorry I don't know the technical term) are rusted, just after 3 months of use! - for your info, my golf 4 of year 2002, well we are in 2017 (15 years already), well till now I never have this issue. so i'm concern with the security and with the material you have used to construct the vehicle – were them as to the standard of a german car???
The cfao “maintenance guy” who for me is just an empty barrel who does not know anything im sure… is inventing lots of stories and bottom lin vis not doing anything to amend the situation.
My car is already more than 10, 000 km, I have contacted the cfao for my first servicing, well till now they have not even take the time to provide me a date. this is really serious for me as this is a proof that they don't care about my security. and this is unacceptable as trust me when my security is in question i'm going to sue whoever I can and trust me this will cause a havoc and negative publicity to your brand and sorry for that as I think you should have done your due diligent to make sure your representatives are abiding by your standards.
I'm not over, now my car has no ac at all!!! with the heat here, I have to drive without ac as apparently one electrical issue and cfao don't have the part to change the faulty one. I want to know one thing, as trust me me too I use courier like fedex or ups, maximum time is 3 days!!! but here they are asking me to wait a it can take more than 3 weeks to have the part in order to change same!!! what is that!!! are we still in the 60's/70's or what???
So bottom line I should have invested in 3 cheapest cars costing just 300, 000 mur… at least then I would agree to have these cheap issues!!! what the use of spending on luxury and high security car if the product is not a genuine one???

What I have decided is as follows:-

Until you either replace my car with a brand new one as it is unacceptable after just 5 months to have all these issues with a brand new car!!! (especially where the security is in question)

Or, to refund me 100% and I will change for another brand where i'm sure they will be worth to spend lots of money with their professional services.

Irrespective of both option, I would like to meet you in person here in mauritius as trust me I will use all the weapons I have which are all in my favour by the way to really, I mean really make this issue public not just here in mauritius, but, to the whole world as we customers are protected by the law and you can't treat us cheap like that. this is called exploitation if not you are stealing from us with your fake assurance of your brand name!

As it is unacceptable for me who have spent so much in your brand and have received defunct vehicles!!!

Sorry for being straight forward with all of you, put you in my place I have no choice.

vulgar birds and bees advertising

Your recent "birds and bees" commercial with it's sexual innuendo is vulgar and highly inappropriate for daytime television where millions of children are watching. I have two small grandchildren I am raising, and don't appreciate having them exposed to these kinds of commercials. As a worldwide corporation I would think you could come up with something a little more family friendly to promote your product. Very dissapointing!!

• Tj
    tjgabes May 27, 2017

If your grandchildren are over the age of 5 and have access to the internet, they've seen worse.

birds & the bees commercial

I am appalled! I was watching tv with my kids when this commercial came on. They asked me what was going on with the car. My oldest i'm sure knew what was going on. He doesnt need to be getting any funny ideas from a car commercial! What happened to vols wagon being the peoples car?
Definitely wish they didn't see that. I am disgusted & will never be buying a vw in the future

• Je
    Jeanette Vitar Apr 29, 2017

What is Volkswagon thining!? I am watching a movie with my family and this commercial comes on. Really? Why would they make such a commercial? Please Volkswagon if you want to sell cars, make a commercial appropriate for ALL viewers. Not acceptable!

commercial

Please pull this commercial. The implications are more than highly suggestive. I have two tweens that understand what is taking place in the cars. It's inappropriate and unconfortable and sending the wrong message. I don't care if the people in the commercial are married, sex is a sacred act andnot to be on display no matter how "subtle" the people at VW think they are being (which they are not being subtle at all!)

• De
    Delia Godinez Apr 26, 2017

The new VW commercial is disgusting and inappropriate! My husband and I where watching TV with our granddaughters ages 10 and 14 when we saw it for the first time and we were appalled at how low the advertisement has sunken to for sales! Please remove this sexually explicit commercial it is not meant to be seen during family hours!

birds and bees commercial

As a father with young children, I find your commercial tasteless and dispicable. I was watching an NBA game with my twelve year old son and it hurt and frustrated me that there are actually people who could care less about the moral fiber of our families and country in the manner that Volkswagen has exhibited I don't understand how your company and its employees could look your families, friends, or coworkers in the face each day knowing that you've endorsed such immoral behavior u

Chrisnchris Apr 23, 2017

I totally agree with Orlando04...it's annoying and disappointing every time the commercial comes on and I end up changing the channel.

Joe Fitts Apr 23, 2017

I agree completely. As a father of four girls I find this completely inappropriate for it to come on TV when I'm watching with my family. Completely tasteless that you have to resort to such cheap attention to sell cars. How can I watch television with my daughters and not feel completely awkward when this trash comes on? I don't find any humor in this at all. Am I supposed to laugh when this comes on them explain to my youngest the meaning behind this? As parents we teach our children to respect themselves and their bodies. Never to seek cheap attention by acting trashy. You trying to pretend to act as a family oriented car maker do go home and explain this to your daughters and the meaning? Garbage.

• Ir
    Irritated parent Apr 25, 2017

Tasteless commercial!

• Tj
    tjgabes May 27, 2017

If any of your children have access to the internet, they've seen worse.

Prudes.

volkswagen commercial.. birds and bees

Because of your vulgar commercial the birds and the bees..I decided to get rid of my Volkswagen, traded it for a Toyota ( who's commercials aren't vulgar). My four sons also traded their VW'S as did my sister. We just are so upset about the vulgarity of the commercials now a days that the only way to convey this to companies is to boycott their product. I'm very happy with my new Toyota.

• Or
    Orlando04 Apr 22, 2017

As a Sinner, Christian, husband, father, and friend, I was very disappointed and upset that I had to witness this immoral, Satanic commercial while watching television with my twelve year old son. We were spending quality time watching an NBA basketball game and the commercial totally caught me/ us off guard.What do you say to a twelve year old that you're attempting to raise with morals, integrity and character? All of us will have to answer for our heartfelt actions and however produced, approved, sanctioned, and allowed this immoral, sinful, disgusting commercial to enter the airwaves should really be ashamed of themselves and their families should be as well And to those anticipating the purchase of a vehicle, remember that Volkswagen was fined recently for being dishonest concerning the physical value of their automobiles. Now they are using insidious, immoral commercials hoping to fill their pockets with our hard earned money. Please join me and others in calling on Volkswagen to cease this awful dierespectful attack on our families but mainly, our YOUNG CHILDREN.

Chrisnchris Apr 23, 2017

Good for you!!

Mlw526 Apr 25, 2017

Please pull that commercial. I have two tweens who understand what is happening in the cars. The imlication is inappropriate. Poor choice in presentation

Mlw526 Apr 25, 2017

@Mlw526 Implication not imlication.

• Te
    Teresa Fermin (moderationmom) Apr 25, 2017

I am really disappointed that it's still showing. How tacky! VW has already been caught with their pants down so to speak with the emissions fraud now they're doing it in cars at night..Just capitalizing on a catchy old song and the "love bug" phrase will not get you back in our good graces. Have some class.

customer service

Terrible terrible terrible customer service from the dealership all the way to volkswagen customer service line. I will never buy a car from them again which is sad because I really like my tiguan and I want out of my lease!!! Terrible service! I will never recommend ganley westside volkswagen to anyone or volkswagen because of the customer service from their complaint line. No empathy

volkswagen commercial, birds and the bees"

As a mom to 3 young girls, I am very disappointed in vw. These highly sexual "birds and the bees" commercial...

autohaus windhoek never has stock on hand and they do not revert back to me as customer if I do not call them every time

I have called the emergency cell phone number for Autohaus Windhoek on 26 January 2017 with regards to a problem I encountered with my vehicle. I bought a Golf 7 TDi from them in November 2013. In 2015 we had a problem with the clutch and the booster cylinders were replaced.

On Friday, 26 January 2017, exactly the same issue with the clutch happens again. This is just over a year that the cylinders were replaced.

My vehicle has been standing on their premises since 26 January 2017 - I am making use of a rental vehicle which is quite costly!

If I am not phoning them to check, I will probably not hear anything from them.

I have been told in the beginning of this week that the truck with the parts are at Ariamsvlei border (this is the border between Namibia and South Africa) and that the parts will be here by Friday 10 February 2017 (tomorrow).

I just got a call from Nazarene (service advisor) - advising me that the part now has to come from Germany and that I have to wait till 21 February 2017 for it to arrive.

Someone from Volkswagen (I did not catch her name) did offer us a courtesy vehicle @ NAD2, 000.00 per day - this is insane! I am currently using a rental vehicle as mentioned above, but this is costing me a lot of money and now they want to extend it tfor a further 12 days!?!?

This is not the first time that VW Autohaus Windhoek does not stock on hand and I can imagine how frustrated other customers must be who is experiencing the same problem.

This will definately be the last time that I invest in VW.

Can someone check into this matter and let me have URGENT feedback please?

Adel Coetzee
+[protected]

VW Tiguan

In 2008 I purchased a brand new VW Tiguan. As I sit today, the turbo has been replaced x 3 times which I believe could have something to do with the media exposure of the pollution emission programme/flow. My car struggles to go up hills leaving me exposed. The roof of the car interior is falling down and the airbag in the front - warning light is on constantly. I am just worried as a single woman that VW is not being totally responsible to us and leaving us vulnerable with the cars we drive.

I am finding the quality of this car at the end of the day with the interior roof falling down, the airbag not being functional I would imagine now that the warning light is on constantly and this pollution process is causing my turbo to cause ongoing problems. Please advise urgently as I don't feel safe driving my car.

• Updated by CarolJones · Jan 21, 2017

Await a response from VW South Africa.

Touran 1.4tsi

Ek was n vw voorstaander todat ek kennis gemaak het met bogenoemde voertuig. Ek het die kar as n demo met...

polo vivo starting problems

I currently own a 2010 polo 1.6 .the car seems to have a problem starting on hot and humid days .upon researching and consulting other polo owners i have discovered its a common fault and vw might be aware of this but remains quiet about it and due to it beign a manufacture default don't want to rectify this due to cost factors but prefers to make ud unsuspecting owners bear the cost involved .vw please man up and fix up this mess up .we know this is yourls fault and its not as bad as the emissions scandal .thank you .pls advise us .

damaged goods

Good day, I bought a vw polo 1. 2 tsi, my car is still under warranty, under 45000km, full service history...

Cape Town Car Dealers

second gear grinding - 3 years later

Bought a vw touran in 2013 from vw greenstone. 8 months later I took the car back as it was grinding into 2nd gear. They said I had to take the car vw craighall park, which I did. They kept my car and "fixed" the problem. 3 months later I had the same problem. I went straight to vw head office and complained. Then I had to take my car to vw mc dulings. They kept my car there for over a week and "fixed" the problem. 2 months later I am still sitting with the same problem, now mc dullings is saying I have to take my car back to vw craighall as they need to fix this problem. Vw service center are useless and are pushing me from pillar to post here and my car is going to go out of warranty and then I am going to be liable for cost that have not been fixed for over 3 years now.
I really don't know what to do anymore, who to speak to as this is really ridiculous.

engine light

Good Day. I have a VW 2013polo 1.2tdi bluemotion diesel vehicle which I bought brand new from VW Bellville...

Service

I have taken my Amarok to Alberton Unitrans VW numerous times. I have had a problem in selecting 4x4. They connected the diagnostics laptop to my vehicle and determined that the issue (4x4 light continuesly flashing and not updating selector) was due to the diff actuator...They also picked up that the powersteering motor is faulty as its making a noise, they have replaced both. The powersteering is still making a noise and the 4x4 has the EXACT same problems...My cruize control also did not work briefly and my window washer...Again I was told that the whole switch and controls will have to be replaced...Since then I have had the same issues with the bakkie and nothing has been resolved although so much has been replaced...The switches had no faults as it was a fuse and the washer pump itself...Misdiagnosis..!! I have taken my car to Rivonia which has excellent service and have been told that it is actually rodents that have eaten the wires and not the diff actuator.

Diagnostic: Diff Actuator

Actual Problem : Some lubrication

Diagnostic : Switches and controls need replacement
Claim : Switches and controls
Actual Problem : Fuse and pump

So after phoning Vw Unitrans and asking why they needed to replace parts that had no need in replacing they just said it was the issue at the time and that something new has caused the issues to arrise again. So having the same issue with my 4x4 as before the actuator was replaced is a bit convenient and very unlikely. But thats the answer that they have.

VW alberton seem to be some sort of cowboy gang charging and claiming for parts not close to be needed for replacement...and then the customer has to still pay in for oil etc after a perfectly working part is "replaced" and still has the same issue. They are now shrugging their shoulders...

No service bought car that has not been fixed

Good day I have received actually more than poor service from Martin the manager at Heidelberg Ntt Volkswagen. I bought this 2nd hand vehicle 6 months ago and still waiting for them to fix my car roof that is still squeking. They can take back their car and shove it deep where it matters. They passing the buck wherever they can I even contacted the ombudsman still nothing done on this issue. The 1st 4 months my car went back for numerous problems. Accordingly to another Vw my cars 9 point check was never done. Also had issues with the service book. Ntt Heidelberg is a disgrace just like the manager. My friend bought a new vehicle from them also sitting with numerous issues. I pay for this car monthly and I deserve as a loyal customer good service. MARTIN TALK THE TALK BUT DON'T DO THE WALK. rather get a manager who cares about his passion for his work commitment. HE IS UNNETHICAL.

parts (side panel)

I have been waiting for a month now for a side panel for vw polo vivo 1.4 conceptline gp. What happend to the...