Vodafone / vodafone playing fraud with india

India Review updated:
This company is a real fraud. In the last six months they have tried to cheat me of my money several times.

1. I had asked them to put my number in "Safe Custody" scheme for 3 months (because I had to leave for the US), whereby I was supposed to pay them 99 Rs rental for temporary suspension of my number for 3 months but retaining the number so that I can reactivate the number after 3 months. But Vodafone thought it to be a right opportunity to cheat me and they promptly resumed my services after I left the country and started billing me. I monitor my account over the internet on a regular basis, so I caught their fraud in 2 days and e-mailed them. But they did not respond to my e-mails anymore. Only auto acknowledgements were received. I am going to lodge a case against the company for playing fraud with me, and will use all my e-mails and their auto acknowledgements as my evidences. Even the nodal officer and apellate officer are not replying to the e-mails sent out to them.

2. In addition to the above, some time back they tried to harrass me by activating caller tunes without any request. When I enquired about this their nonsense executives told me that there is no way they can enable caller tunes without request. Then the real trick. Because of an unwanted caller tune, the customer sends out a deactivation SMS for which they are charged 15 Rupees. Many persons tend to ignore this amount becasue they do not monitor their bills much. Maybe only 20 % of people monitor this. Rest don't. That means Vodafone manages to dupe lakhs of people of 15 rupees every month. Imagine the illegal profit they make out of customers hard-earned money. Request all of you to lodge public interest litigations in this regard. These foreign companies should not be allowed to come to India and cheat Indian public this way. They cannot do anything like this in USA or Europe, becuase that would cost them millions of dollars as fine. They can afford to do such corruption in India because of government support in the corruption activities. Please, for god sake, do not spare these corporate cheaters. Let us show them what Indian Law can do to them.

Comments

Ab
  13th of Feb, 2008
A fraud has been committed with me by the Vodafone cellular company by telling a wrong prepaid to postpaid conversion plan. A sum of Rs. 250 was asked as security which i had deposited with the Vodafone executive and collected the receipt. I canceled the application for this conversion after the verification call told me the correct plan. Now my money is not been refunded and I am asked to wait for month or go to Vodafone centers with the receipt to collect the refund. Moreover no help is provided by the customer care centers also. Vodafone also do not provide any intimation for changing the calls and message charges. They are duping lakhs of vodafone users by not giving them the intimation of changes in their sms rates which other mobile connections are doing.
Ga
  20th of Feb, 2008
Sir, madam
I am running prepaid recharge shop in chennai . Except vodafone all my distributers are given me easy deal sim card. Without easy card how can i service to my customers & how can i recharge. So unable to give new prepaid connection to my customers.

With out easy how can i recharge him so plze arrange easy sim for me other wise i nt sale your products. I am missing so much of customers & new activations. I complient in chennai nodal officer but not take take any steps past 4 months. So i complient to yours
GANESH
Ba
  13th of Aug, 2008
i have a number with airtel .I want to write a letter to airtel customer care. i want put this number in save custody for three months plz help me
Na
  26th of Aug, 2008
Hi,
I had made my bill payment thru Credit Card at Vodafone IVR and IVR played the message that I will receive my transaction ID in next one hour and till next day I did not got any transaction ID then I called at the helpline and the executive told me to wait for another 24 hrs but on insisting to give me a complaint number he put me on hold and said ur Complaint number is 1199169530. Next day I have called at helpline and lady said there is some technical updation going and call in the evening for conformation. Today when I called the executive instead of listenening me started asking for details of complaint and when I gave them the complaint number I was told this is the query number and said need to remake the payment as this is the commonsense and nothing else. These guys are just making fun of the customer and instead of telling me in intial stage is telling me to go to hell and can complaint any where.
Ra
  28th of Nov, 2008
This is against forceful change of dailer tone on my no 9919662574.

Without my request my dailer tone has been changed to vodafone tune and charged for this.

When I called to customer care they give one no to deactivate dailer tone. On dailing that no I got to listen "Please check the no you have dailed".

My no is not with me always it is with my wife. When I dail customer care no 9839098390 it is coming the no dailed by you does not exist.

Please help me getting deactivate my dailer tone and getting waiver against this.

Thanks & Regards,

Raju Mishra

Ra
  7th of Dec, 2009
I really agree by the Vodaphone problems, I'm also vodaphone suffered.

This is to inform you that I'm really getting irritated from your customer support because no one take care of customer problem seriously.

My phone number is -->9646671903

My name is---->Rajinder Kumar

The problem is that vodaphone has deducted two times 30 rupees for the services of MIS and Vodaphone, Although i've not request for any of the service.

And I've also complaint about that service, one time they give me request number that is-->2122142210 for MIS service.

and i've also complaint about another service that i don't want that service voice over chat, I was put the complaint on 30th, on that day vodaphone server was down and thats why they didn't give any request number but they said that i've forward your number to my senior, But when i confirming on 1st they said it you will return back your money with in 24 hours, but when yesterday i try to confirm, your customer support executive talk with me rudely and said I'm not eductated and even when i call again no one pick my phone and when one executive receive they put my call on hold. on the whole day I'm suffering from vodaphone customer support. Also from my phone I'm not connected to Customer Support when press "9"
You can check with customer support.

Now I'm getting frustrated from vodaphone service and put the comments here.

So Everyone can know what a Brand company and his employs do with his customers.
Sk
  29th of Jul, 2011

VODAFONE NO.7799212285 - I DO NOT KNOW HIM,BUT DISTRUBING ME EVERY DAY
VODAFONE NO.7799212285
India

I AM GETTING PHONE CALL FROM VODAFONE NO.7799212285 EVERY DAY, I DO NOT KNOW HIM.PLEASE TAKE ACTION
Di
  2nd of Jun, 2014
my mumma left her phone at our native house by mistake, I called the customer care and reported the sim as lost AnD requested for deactivation.Few months later we were asked to pay bill for that post paid number and the Vodafone agents started coming to the house (when we ignored the bills) causing humiliation and harrasments in front of our neighbours. the matter is now solved after reaching the court and I have preserved their bills where the outstanding amount used to vary! and the agent also proposed that he will 'settle' the matter for less if we give him something else will drag us to court ..in the end we won

Vodafone Logo Vodafone