VitalChek / no response to non - delivery of birth certificate

United States Review updated:
I placed an order 6 / 24 for certified copy of my birth certificate - delivery 10 - 12 working days. Tried contacting them thru email - response time 5 working days!!! No way to contact by phone, says live online, cannot access so now way to make contact. I need this birth certificate for passport and trying all the tabs on their site there is no way to get an answer. I will never use this service again nor will i recommend this service to anyone who asks or needs a service. If they cannot provide an address or phone number is this a legitimate company?

A  13th of Oct, 2009 by
Vitalchek sucks big time!!!They are incompetent.Why does City records use them?They are the worst.STAY AWAY!
N  13th of Oct, 2009 by
STAY AWAY from Vitalcheck!DON"T even think about.They failed us and when we needed a birth certificate which they promised would be early since we paid extra, but no cert.'They tell us it was cancelled by Chicago vital records and they don't know why.NO call.Then we talked to another crazy rep' who told us it was not cancelled.They suck!!!
A  13th of Oct, 2009 by
I mean vitalchek
A  30th of Oct, 2009 by
VitalChek received the order for my Birth Certificate on SEPTEMBER 15, 2009. They say they sent it to my state health department on 9/17/09. As of today I have not received my Birth Certificate NOR A RESPONSE TO INQUIRIES!!
I called and the rep said it had only been 6 days since the order. I read from my receipt the date it was received and she said she must have been looking at the wrong numbers. DUH!!
She took my number stating that she would call me back with a "status" report. That was a week ago - no call.
I sent an email with this information. The return email says they will respond in 5 days!! They must have a ton of email complaints if it takes that long to get a response! I would venture to suggest that I'll never get an email either. (Best predictor of future behavior is PAST behavior.)
I called again October 26, 2009, and got a message that the help number, 866 203-2777 was no longer in use! Are they out of business?
I suppose I've lost my money to a negligent, dishonest business. Their ads say clients should get Birth Certificates in no more than two weeks. Try six weeks and still nothing!
What can I do??? To whom can I report this??
N  16th of Feb, 2011 by
VitalCheck is a rip off. Do NOT use this service. I will have to cancel my CC because I gave them my number; and they have my vital records. I paid for a death cert and never got one. What I got was a run-around of asking for the same information again and again; I sent it to them and the response I get is to ask for it again. Never use this service. NEVER NEVER NEVER
D  31st of Mar, 2011 by
Vital Chek is a big scam. Paid 40 dollars for grandfathers birth Cert and got a email stating that they needed more info. I got my mothers birth cert and mine for them and up loaded it. called the rep and he told me that was all they needed. I get another email stating that they could not read my drivers license for the second time. So I called the rep and they said that it is readable. now it is 20 days later and there still is not Cert. I call them and they tell me that it is still processing... SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
N  31st of Mar, 2011 by

April 1988, TN

Type of Business:

Searchers of Records

BBB Accreditation:

VitalChek Network, a LexisNexis Company is a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names: