Visions Electronics / extended warranty plan

1 Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I bought a Samsung TV back in 2013 for $2200. At the time I was talked in to the extended warranty which ended up costing me $500. The price for the warranty is based on the purchase price of the item so I fit into the $2000-$2499 category, or something like that, which is why it was $500. Fast forward 5 and a bit years and my TV is having issues. A Visions Warranty technician came out and determined the TV needs to be replaced. When I finally talked to Visions, they offered me a replacement TV that has a value of $1100. I wasn't impressed with the offering and they came back with a $1400 TV option but that too was not sufficient in my opinion. Dealing with the Warranty person at Vision's corporate office was futile. He was not pleasant or sympathetic to the situation and was more aggressive trying to get me to accept his offer. I ended up talking to his manager, who was obviously coached by "Jimmy" to tow the line which he has already set out. They are obviously trying to take advantage of consumers and bullying anyone trying to make a claim against their warranty. Maybe they deal with people trying to make false claims against their warranties but they jeopardize previously loyal customers who legitimately just want a proper resolution to a warranty that they paid for.

Had they provided me with an adequate solution to my warranty claim they would have had a new warranty purchased at probably another $500, and a new A/V receiver with warranty. Now, they won't get any more money from me or anyone else I explain my situation to. In a market where literally across the street are BestBuy and Costco, both of which will match or beat the prices of Visions, it is a bad move to alienate customers who would have gladly chosen Visions over those two prior to this situation.

Ro
Nov 13, 2018

Comments

• Go
      13th of Dec, 2018

Anytime you take anything back for a refund, or for warranty repair or exchange, Visions is going to SCREW YOU OVER ... guaranteed !! It happened to me ...

• Go