Visions Electronics / buyers beware!
Visions Electronics is a major electronics dealer with locations accross Alberta and British Columbia 'specializing' in home/car audio and video. I have done a few transactions with them because their prices are negotiable and pretty reasonable, but I have recently learned there can be a HUGE hidden cost in dealing with them.
My last major transaction with them was for a 62" Toshiba DLP TV for about $3K. They offered financing through a Visa affiliated finance company out of Montreal named Dejardin'. I was quoted an interest rate of 8.75% with a 3-month initial interest-free period on an open term.
I chose the financing option, gave them all the required information to complete their on screen application behind the counter, was approved within 5 minutes, and was given a hand written retail receipt for the TV, taxes and shipping costs.
When I asked for a copy of the financing agreement, they said I would receive a copy in the mail. When it arrived, the interest rate was 18.75% on a fixed term of 36-months. When I called the store to talk to the salesperson he wasn't around and never returned my calls.
I spoke to the finance company and as the contract had already been executed, they couldn't release me from it. My final attempt after speaking with a multitude of 'managers' I called head office. I told them of my experience and they gave me a tough ### and 'buyer beware' attitude.
I will never do business with Visions Electronics ever again and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
More Visions Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- Autostart / Visions Electronics - bad quality car starter! 
- Visions Electronics - customer service piss poor at best 
- Visions Electronics - extended warranty 
- Visions Electronics - 60 day price protection 
- Visions Electronics - false advertizing 
- Visions Electronics - car remote starter
- Visions Electronics - chromebook
- Visions Electronics - assistant manager
- Visions Electronics - lenovo
- Visions Electronics - apple wireless airpods