Virgin Mobile — false advertising & fraud
I recently purchased a Virgin Pay-as-you-go phone as advertised at Free anytime web and text with 1500 minutes. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks until I noticed my cell phone had stop receiving and sending text messages. I contacted customer care and they told me my phone never had the plan for free text and web and that I would need to add money to my cash account if I wanted to use text and web. Of course I was bewildered by all of this, especially the cash account thing since I have "pay as you go" and if there was no cash on my account how come I'm still making and receiving calls? Customer care stated I changed my plan and I need to add cash to my account; at this point I had already given over $120 dollars for the month (I use the phone a lot). Customer care was useless and we began to just start talking in circles. I referred to their ads for 1500 minutes and FREE anytime text and web.
For anyone thinking of using Virgin Mobile you better think again! Also my rate changed from $0.05 cents per minute to $0.20 cents per minute after that phone call FYI. What a bunch of sleazy ###!
More Virgin Mobile Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Virgin Mobile - total rip off 
- Virgin Mobile - scam 
- Virgin Mobile USA - virgin mobile usa - customer service is a joke! 
- Virgin Mobile - somebody changed number & vkey on my account! 
- Virgin Mobile Usa-cell Phone - partial service for full payment 
- Virgin Mobile USA - employee knowledge of policies at customer service hotline
- Virgin Mobile USA - thanks for nothing! 
- Virgin Mobile - bait & switch
- Virgin Mobile - current account usage
- Virgin Mobile Prepaid Card - refund my money please