Virgin Mobile / double charged

After taking money from my prepaid card Virgin Mobile also charged my bank. They have refused to issue a refund for the double charge, My bank did a fraud investigation and got my money back right away and now Virgin mobile has suspended my survive. Remember they double charge me and now I can't use my phone and it was already paid for by a top up card. I am reporting them to as many agencies as I can for fraud. I have seen tons of bad reviews now that I started to look into their cust serv, I wish I would have seen them before I paid for the phone.

Va

Comments

• Va
      17th of Jun, 2008

My mother recently ordered a ringtone she never received. I called Virgin on her behalf, and a person who didn't speak English well told her that he couldn't help her for four hours. Four hours later, they credited the account. Six hours after that, she was again charged for a ringtone she's not received. We intend to fight this one as far as possible. There was no excuse not to help within 4 hours, as they helped themselves to her money within minutes. I'm a former Virgin Mobile user and recommended them to her. I now feel bad about it.

• Tc
      11th of Aug, 2008

VMobile is da'###. I mean. Toilet stank ###. My family of 4 went with pay-as-you-goes for many reason, one being my hubby never uses one, but with us living so far out of town, car troubles could leave one stranded with no help for a long time, and at bad times of the night.

In October 2007, we moved 'into town' as we called it, and cancelled all the phones. At the time, 3 of the phones (2 boys and mine) were on autotop up. I got to *HA* speak to a man from overseas and the conversation was VERY bad, and I had a bad feeling that my phones were not cancelled, so checked them online. The status showed them NO LONGER ACTIVE. It is my belief that he did not do so, because I've learned they get bonus's for keeping customers. And overseas, apparently, they are paid very little, working on commissions.

Every month since then, I have had to call in, complain I've been charged AGAIN (a total of $41.02 EVERY MONTH), wait while they appear to go through the steps to deactivate the phones, apologize and then hurridly tell me that they cannot refund my money. I always state: these are fraudulent charges, of course you can and WILL. They never do, so I file a complaint with my bank branch, who holds my MC as well as debit cards.

Today (August) comes and my MC statement arrives to show 2 more $16.61 each charges. I quickly went online to check my checking acct and there is a charge from July 28 in the amount of $7.98. NOW I'm pissed.

I *attempt* to call in, which is a joke with laughing girl on the phone designed to frustrate you so you hang up and go wtf! I stuck with it, and after 17 minutes, got a woman overseas who got me and a mouthful. She didn't want any part of it and I told her she's not the one I want since 1. she's NOT in the US or UK, 2. she's not authorized to even KNOW my MC/debit numbers (do NOT ever give them your numbers, they cannot use them to look up any accounts. It's for 'our protection against unauthorized charges. yeah. You read that correctly.

I waited an additional 8 minutes and got transferred to a 'specialist' named Wendy. Wendy spoke english, more than likely was in the UK and after having many issues with her server not finding me, or my kids, than having me, than all of us disappearing in the system (yes.. all this while I was online, and I pointed out: if this happens while your talking to a customer, how can you tell me the system 'logs in my call automatically', proving that I have called in and you don't know how many times I have called in because your system is poorly designed - or smartly, since it deletes the persons info that they called in -) - eventually she was able to recall the pins and delete the phones.

We'll see what my statements show next month. But in the meantime? I'm changing my acct numbers on everything since she couldn't explain WHY my MC was charged twice and after going through all the accounts, only one son and myself were 'still active' and where the charges were coming from. um. Than what employee is using MY MC number to scam from?

I have already called the FTC and will get their report, filling it out and let them handle this. I will get back my money, and MC can chargeback for the months they can. Virgin is horrible. And that's about all I can say about them. Don't use them and if you have to, ONLY use top up cards. Buy them in bulk, but DON'T give them your banking account information.

You do the math= 10 months of unauthorized charges x $41.20=$412.00 AND that doesn't include the extra charges that showed up in the month of April and May - that was an additional $18/each.

17th of Aug, 2008

virginmobile is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are also total thieves. be warned. They turned off my phone for nothing and kept my minutes and my cash. The workers on the other end of the line are the stupidest people I have ever talked to. I am going to stand out in front of their office tomorrow with a sign and tell all that they are a lying, rude, thieving crappy, company.

• De
      28th of Aug, 2008

Can you let me know who, or where you contacted.. I'm having a similar problem and would really like to know what I can also do... They are so rude (customer service) and not even logical and I think they are a HUGE scam.. lemme know, Dee

• De
      29th of Aug, 2008

Well check this out. Last night I call to top up my daughters phone with their unlimited texting, which is supposed to be only 19.99, so with tax, like a little over $21. The girl said she had to run my debit card twice, and twice she said it did'nt go through, which I thought was insane, since I just got paid and the money was in there. Anyway, told her to forget it, that I would just go to the store a get a top up card, no problem right? WRONG!!! This morning I log into my bank account and there are two charges in there from Virgin Mobile for $70.35 with a total of $140.70!! I called VM got their crappy non english speaking customer service who says that I have to wait 3 to 5 days to wait while the fill out paperwork! I said "it only took you overnight to take out these charges! why the hell do I have to wait 3 to 5 days? Asked to speak to a supervisor, and they wouldnt give me one. Now $140 is a lot of money to me, I dont make that much money in a week, and now dont know how I am going to buy groceries. I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH VM AGAIN--GETTING DIFFERENT PHONES FOR MY CHILDREN (when I have the money that is)

• Sh
      12th of Apr, 2009

I have been a prepaid customer with virgin mobile for at least 3 1/2 years. I origonally had my daughter's prepay account set up to where they would only top her up every 90 days and take only 20.00 out my account at that time. When they started up the unlimited text for 19.99 a month plan I signed up for that and was under the impression that I was in that plan continuously on a monthly basis unless I changed the plan on my online account. I signed up back in the beginning of 2008 or earlier. My daughter has done nothing but send text messages she rarely made outbound calls or received incoming calls because we were both under the impression the 20.00 a month fee was going towards the unlimited text each month. I just so happened to call and check on the balance in my bank account yesterday and noticed I was in overdraft and had just got paid yesterday. My entire account was wiped out because I just discovered for at least the last 60 days on a a daily basis my account was charged multiple times a day by virgin mobile in top up charges. I was charged 4 and 5 times a day at all hours of the morning and night even when my daughter was in class or asleep. From 2/10/09 through 4/9/10 I was charged $21.30 16 times and $10.65 80 times totalling almost 1300.00. In total after wiping my bank account out, took my entire paycheck I just received unbenounced to me, this has been well over $2000.00 that I have lost behind this foolishness. and when I called virgin mobile all they could tell me was that I misunderstood that I needed to go online every month and hit UPDATE so that my unlimited text messages would still be in effect each month for 19.99 even though when you log in the box for that option is already selected and tells you immediately when you log in that thats the plan you selected to be in. I tried to get the representative to show me where online does it state to me that I needed to do that and he of course could not tell me where to look to find that information. They also are trying to tell me that the reason for the multiple top up charges each day was due to my daughter constantly hitting top up directly from her phone. I hardly believe that this was done to due to the fact that so many of the charges were done at such strange hours of the day and night. Virgin mobile USA has displayed a lack of integrity. As a customer they should have attempted to contact me via phone, email, or mail to make me aware of the charges hitting my account in such excess and they definetly should have mailed me something in writing in regards to the terms of agreement to the unlimited text program to ensure that I fully understood how the program works. With the unlimited text message box is checked on your account, clearly nothing on the online accounts states that you need to update your account every month in order to ensure you will not be charged for text message. Virgin mobile did not offer to credit me back one red cent for this horrible, neglectful, fraudelent transaction. I am most certainly going to obtain a lawyer and SUE the hell out of virgin mobile for their lack of integrity and disclosure of the plan offered.

• Jm
      20th of Jun, 2009

I was double charged for my monthly bill with VM. After 3 hours talking with people who could not understand English, I found out that because of my complaint, my account was being turned over to the fraud department. Now, the $179 phone I had was locked. I had to fill out paperwork which per VM would go on the list of "tickets" in the fraud department. They could not tell me how long it would take to resolve. I cancelled my account and after I gave the okay to cancel, the rep told me "oh and you have $55 on your balance which you have now lost." I even spoke to a supervisor who gave me the same canned text and worthless answers. I have no service and the phone that belongs to me is locked while the "fraud" department figures out their own error. The customer service goes from bad to worse as you first have to get past the computerized system only to talk with reps who seem to be reading the answers off of a script. I don't care about the service or the $55 they stole from me. I just want to be able to use my phone.

• Ro
      14th of Aug, 2009

I was double charged and told there was nothing that could be done about it. I continued to ask for a suopervisor and finally got the secind charge refunded but now have the problem that I have been charged for the $49.99 unlimited plan but have the 300 minute plan service on my phone. I called in to fix that and the guy (Oscar) cannot understand. Also, he said he cannot see what I have been charged so I have to wait and call back until they can see what I can see? I offered to send proof of the charges and they will not accept it. This place is a joke. Latly, the only way to get a hold of a "Live Advisor" is to lie and state that you havelost your phone. Why would you do this to your customers? I am a good customer and I always pay my bill. They tried to screw me out of $100 and I fought back. Now I have to fight for what I paid for?

• Ng
      29th of Mar, 2011

This month vm charged me 4 times for my 25 monthly bill. That's quad overcharge. I called them and she said in limited English that they would drop off my account in 7-10 days . Plays the next day I look at my acctounts and see a charge posted I call again to get it refunded he says ok
    And not 5 secs later I get another monthly charge To my acctounts these people are ridiculous they don't listen and just take your money will not use my bank to pay them again only top up cards if that doesn't work I am deinatelt switching to another company Shame on you virgin mobile

29th of Jun, 2011

They take money from you every time you switch plans regardless of how many minutes you used. I was going over and restarting the plan month, then switched to the unlimited and they charged me $40 for less than 200 minutes. Beware about changing plan month start date. The broadband is not used any more because it is such a ripoff. Unlimited for $40 then it changed to $50. Device a pain to connect to internet on laptop. Service goes out every Sunday night. Customer service is worthless.

• Co
      10th of Dec, 2014

I too have had joey stolen from me by Virgin! They TRIPLE charged my bank account for my crappy service. I spent an ENTIRE afternoon speaking with mouth breathing Indians who don't know their ### from a whole in the ground! I spoke to 10 different people and got 10 different answers! I keep getting the "we've escalated your case to the financial dept" and the "it'll take 5 to 10 days for your refund" to "your account has been credited for future bills". (since I will be canceling this service as fast as T-Mobile can open its doors, I don't WANT their "credit"!)!!! Luckily, my bank told me they would give me the money back into my account and deal with Virgin themselves. I have reported this FRAUD to the FTC and shall next be reporting Virgin to every department and organization I can until VIRGIN GOES BANKRUPt!!! Virgin WILL fail! Like I told the perckerwood I spoke to from India this morning: There is TOO MUCH competition for Virgin to treat their loyal customers in the manner that they do". VIRGIN WILL STEAL FROM YOU WITH ABANDON!!!