Villa del Palmar / CC charged without authorization

Mexico Review updated:

We are writing this letter to explain how we were mislead and cheated by the Villa Group. My wife and I went to cabo for vacation this year. Our first vacation in 5 years. The day we arrived we were confronted at the air port by individuals clamming to be our private transportation service. After they booked us for a visit with the villa del palmar we realized that they were not the transportation company as they tried to find our transportation. The next day we were met by Christopher Turner, he told us that there were no maintenance fees for the preferred points, there are. We were told they would rent our place whenever we want, they won’t. The lies went on and on. Chris turner gave us his card an told us to call him with any questions or if we wanted to go out. I called on the 5th day to try to cancel, he told us that we could not cancel the contract.

On the money side of things we agreed to a $1000.00 down payment. A promissory note for $8, 745.00 as additional money down that we could pay off when we returned in the form of a check or money transfer. THE NEXT DAY THEY CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD ON ADDITIONAL $8745.00 THAT I NEVER AGREED TO.

I have never had someone sit and look me in the eye and lying to me for several hours. This whole thing is set up to rip smart, honest and hardworking people out of their money.

Vi

Comments

Dec 26, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back