Viking Appliances / Junk product!

A year ago I purchased a new Viking Stove. Top of the line. After a year I used the self clean feature on the oven. The latch would not release after the cycle was completed. I called Viking and was told my warranty had expired. I called the appliance dealer. It was going to cost $400 to repair the self clean. I paid $5600 for this piece of crap. I ended up using a hacksaw to cut the latch and don't use the self clean. Besides this when you try to use the oven sometimes it will light and sometimes it won't. This is very unsafe as when it lights at the last minute the oven is full of gas. And it almost explodes. If buying appliances stay away from Viking.

Comments

15th of Dec, 2011

If I could tell you how many problems we've had with our Viking range you probably wouldn't believe me. The worst part is that their customer service is beyond atrocious. We've been waiting for, get this, 6 MONTHS for them to send new ignitors to their service guys here on Long Island. You read that right. Ask their service providers/contractors/subcontractors what they think of Viking. They'll all tell you that they are garbage. Do yourself a favor and steer far away from this miserable excuse for a company.