Vera Wang / customer service - not

1 7342 Stonecrest ConcourseLithonia, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-484-0482

I so wish I had read this board before I purchased something from HH Gregg. I went there on New Year's Eve to purchase a Vera Wang Komen mattress set. I had done my research on which mattress set I wanted so all I had to do was walk in the store and pay for it and set up delivery. So the sales guy says they don't have the box spring at the warehouse so he has to look for it. He starts ringing me up, so I ask if he found the box spring and he says yes. As I'm leaving out I decide to check the serial numbers to be sure I'm getting what I paid for, well no, he rung me up for a different box spring. When I confront him about it, he starts telling me that most people cover their boxsprings with shams anyway and it's the same size as the one I wanted. I walked out of the store and the next day called another store to see if they had the boxspring I wanted. They did, so I called the first store back and asked for the correct boxspring or my money back. They said they would order the boxspring and have everything delivered on Monday. Well it's Monday and I have not received a call to set up delivery so I called the 800 number only to find out the store set my delivery for tomorrow. Now I have to take off another day of work and wait for these people. I'm almost afraid to see what will happen with the supposed rebate.

Comments

• Ti
      17th of Feb, 2008

I have had great service with HH Gregg and I have to say that not every store is like that. It depends highly on the store, and the kind of associate you get. They get paid on commission so you have ended up with one that wanted the quick buck, or maybe you got a new guy whom didn't know how get the other box spring on the same delievery truck. With all of that being said, you should have brought it up to the manager and tried to see if they would compensate you for the salesman's poor judgement.