VCA Animal Hospitals / wrongfully vaccinated

Chicago, IL, United States

On Sep 23, 2017 my furry baby, Rocky was brought in to VCA Animal Care Center of Chicago 1248 W. Washington Chicago, IL [protected]. Rocky was dropped off there to receive a comprehensive physical exam and grooming. Rocky has been a patient there since Jan/2016. I was contacted later, stating that Rocky was ready for pick up. When I arrived, Rocky was ready. I spoke with the the tech to pay my bill and purchased a flea and tick tablet (in which, the tech forgot to give the tablet to me, I had to return back to the facility to pick it up, no apology from the tech). While looking over my invoice, I noticed Rocky was given another rabies vaccine-annual booster. I told the tech, I think he had his rabies vaccine already. The tech stated, that I was probably mistaken, however I wasn't mistaken. Rocky was vaccinated for rabies on Mar 03, 2017. I showed the tech proof and expressed my concern. The tech went to the back to inform Dr. Joanna Krol of the mistake. The tech came back and apologized for Dr. Krol and stated that, Rocky shouldn't have any complications. I felt it was very unprofessional, that Dr. Krol didn't apologize to me personally. I had questions and wanted to be assured, that Rocky would've been perfectly fine. The overall expierence there was horrible and I was very concerned about Rocky's well being. Did Dr. Krol check Rocky's records before administering vaccines to him? Could this happen again? Do the staff at Animal Care Center care about the patients? Please keep up with your pets record.

VCA Animal Hospitals