USAA / bad service

1 PO Box 33490San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

On Wednesday Nov 11 2007 around 10:00 pm my vehicle (1996 Ford F150) was involved in an accident with another vehicle that ran a red light and hit my truck. The police report was very detailed on who was at fault in the accident and all information was listed on the report. I call in Saturday morning to see if a claimed had been filed and it had and I got the claim number and assumed that I would hear for the insurance company since their driver was at fault. I did not receive any calls, so on Tuesday Nov 13 I called to check status of claim and was told that they needed to do their own investigation by calling and interviewing their driver and the other parties involved and that it could take several months to get this claim closed.

Meanwhile, I had gone out the next day and purchased another truck because I use this vehicle for my work and needed a replacement vehicle.

I had to continue to make daily calls for updates and to push for them to get this claimed settle. Once they accepted liability for the loss their offer was very low and I had to fight with them to get a better offer that was still not to my satisfaction. These are my main complains:

1. All calls where had to be made by me to get anything going with this claim.

2. They did not want to take liability for the losses even though it was clear on the police report that their driver was at fault.

3. The settlement was not satisfactory but I felt I did not have any other choice that to accept final offer because if I did not I would be left with the junk and had to store the vehicle.

Va

Comments

• Ph
      29th of Jan, 2009

I was refused for a loan without taking the good part of my credit history into account, only the negative. My local bank OKd me for a loan afterward. For USAA to be pro military is a joke. There advertisment is just a scam.

• Sk
      3rd of Dec, 2009

usaa is a disgrace to the military and military dependents. I opened a checking account only back in October of 09 and now they have disclosed to me that they are shutting down my checking acct and want no further business from me due to me depositing my government school refund check into my fiancee's usaa acct. WTF? I was told this was fraudulent, even though I am on his account, and because, as we all know USAA has ZERO walk in centers for depost, my account was frozen and then ultimately told that they want no buisness to do with me, . THis is an outrage and Im disgusted by the way they conduct their banking. Its a disgrace and I'm ashamed to have ever been affiliated with this low life bank.

• He
      19th of Dec, 2009

Usaa used to be a good bank (back in the late nineties and early 2000), but now their service sucks. They keep charging my account unnecessary overdraft fees. I ordered stop payment on a check and they still posted it to my account as an electronic payment. They didn't even notify me to tell me that they were going to change my payment to an electronic payment. That's crazy! Then they charged my savings account a few fees and they claimed because I was transferring money over to another one of my accounts too frequently they changed that saving account into a checking account. How are you going to charge me for switching money from one account to another when both accounts are my own? I am so pissed and fed up with USAA. In a few months once everything gets back in order, I'm going to cancel my service with them. They have changed so much (for the worse) in the last few years.

3rd of Nov, 2010

Do not I repeat DO NOT go to USAA for a mortgage loan. I googled "USAA Mortgage" to find my agents managers number to complain and found tons of complaints about USAA. My heart sank as I read complaints from 2001 staring the same issues my husband and i are currently experiencing. The agent called a month after we sent all of the loan paperwork to "get more information" (by the way she requested the same information submitted earlier). We were told Oct 5th we were good to close on the original date of Oct 15th. On the 14th she sent an email again asking for a statement from my boss that was, once again, previously submitted. She assured us that we would still close the following day. Not only did we not close the USAA agent didn't even bother to call us. She ignored 5 calls and 2 emails and finally talked to my husband THREE hours after we should have closed. She assured us that the underwriters would complete their work on Saturday and we could close Monday. I tried to call every manager and supervisor in Monday and I only received voicemail. I left a message on each one and I still haven't received a returned call from them. It is Tuesday now. We finally signed the paperwork but we cannot receive the keys until USAA sends the money to the attorneys. I received a call from my realtor at 5pm today saying USAA sent the money but was 3, 000 dollars short!!! Every piece if paper we signed to close today (drafted by USAA) had the correct amount; how of all people did THEY get the price wrong? I have wasted days away from work and I had to change our delivery date for our household goods three times now. I will never make this mistake again. Oh on top of everything while signing the closing papers we found out that their were 6 packages that missed their closing date THIS WEEKEND in NC only because of USAA. I cannot image how many world wide are waiting like we are. This is very disappointing.

• Di
      13th of Nov, 2010

My husband and I are now going through USAA mortgage hell -- will never do more business with them and will pull all my other business asap!

• Ar
      25th of Jan, 2011

Your posting has motivated me to share my similar experience with USAA. I also do NOT recommend using USAA for VA loans at this time. I will also post a complainted about "missed close dates."

• Ji
      25th of Feb, 2011

I'm a 26 year USAA member now looking for another insurer. My recent claims experience has been horrible. A 60 ft tall tree fell on my house causing $37k in damage. USAA has used every trick in the book; claim delay, low balling, recoverable depreciation schemes, bad customer service, etc. It has been a nightmare and I've lost a lot of money and time. USAA drapes themselves in the American flag and the military service of their customers but USAA has devolved in to a bunch of shysters. They should be ashamed.

• Gu
      14th of Dec, 2012

I am finding ths out the hard way

• Pi
      16th of Dec, 2012

I have just been notified that USAA is cancelling my house insurance. I have looked around for several years and settled on USAA for both my home insurance and my car insurance. This was the first claim that I put it. (flooded bathroom, front room and basement) Heck, I doubt if I will have another claim for 20 or so years. I do not understand the way that I am being treated ?