USAA / bad service
On Wednesday Nov 11 2007 around 10:00 pm my vehicle (1996 Ford F150) was involved in an accident with another vehicle that ran a red light and hit my truck. The police report was very detailed on who was at fault in the accident and all information was listed on the report. I call in Saturday morning to see if a claimed had been filed and it had and I got the claim number and assumed that I would hear for the insurance company since their driver was at fault. I did not receive any calls, so on Tuesday Nov 13 I called to check status of claim and was told that they needed to do their own investigation by calling and interviewing their driver and the other parties involved and that it could take several months to get this claim closed.
Meanwhile, I had gone out the next day and purchased another truck because I use this vehicle for my work and needed a replacement vehicle.
I had to continue to make daily calls for updates and to push for them to get this claimed settle. Once they accepted liability for the loss their offer was very low and I had to fight with them to get a better offer that was still not to my satisfaction. These are my main complains:
1. All calls where had to be made by me to get anything going with this claim.
2. They did not want to take liability for the losses even though it was clear on the police report that their driver was at fault.
3. The settlement was not satisfactory but I felt I did not have any other choice that to accept final offer because if I did not I would be left with the junk and had to store the vehicle.
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car insurance
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - loan customer service
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - credit card / banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - auto insurance