US Passport Agency / paid, passport never received, missed trip

Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-487-2778

Sent my passport MONTHS in advance before my travel for extra visa pages. Because I live overseas, they said they would send the processed passport to my mother's address 8my emergency contact). But, the passport NEVER arrived. I called many times over the course of a month up until one week before my travel date. I heard every excuse in the book: "Our system is down. We can't check the status of your application." "We can't check applications that have foreign addresses." "Give us your mother's address one more time and we'll forward the information." I had given them my mother's address three times already. When I pleaded with them and told them I was due to leave in just a few days, they basically scoffed that there was "nothing they could do" and that it was MY fault for "having a foreign address." The site is horrible; it states that they answer all e-mails within 24 hours, and not one of my many e-mails was answered. They were efficient enough to cash my check and get my money, though! I had to go to my local Embassy and get an emergency passport for a couple hundred dollars. DO NOT TRUST this agency with your passport!!!

Comments

• Jc
      2nd of Nov, 2017

I agree with your complaint. I am in the same both I paid over for my daughter passport booklet and card but didn't give the refund, There are 4 of us who applied for the booklet and card but only 2 of my kids received it me and my younger daughter never received it. I called the Post office where I applied and they said wait a couple more weeks. Weeks turns to months so I called the passport directly and they said they can't do anything about it that I need to reapply for my passport card and pay again. Such a rip off. I am planning to complain thru the news and see how it goes.