US Census Bureau / Incompetency of the US Census Bureau

Before the Census Survey was mailed out, I received a postcard stating the importance of the Census Survey. The Survey arrived in the mail and I promptly completed and returned it. I then received 2 more postcards reminding me to complete the survey which I had already done. Last week I received a call to verify all information. The man was not very nice or personable but was happy to waste my time asking questions I'd already answered on the original Census Survey. Today, a Census representative came to my door and asked me to complete the form AGAIN! I expressed my frustration to her and she stated that they had no record of our neighborhood's data.

I am appalled that the US Government is spending such and obscene amount of money on this Census! There was 10 years to plan for this and it was obviously poorly planned, managed and executed.

G1

Comments

• Wm
      21st of Apr, 2018

Do we have any legal recourse against the intrusive questions on the census forms. The purpose of the census has been to count the people. But now it has reached a very intrusive level! you are threatened by your government under penalty of law to fill out a form that is absolutely none of the government's business in the first place--like How many times have you been married. So much financial information was required that i had to pull my tax forms to get information. Do you have any freedom in America now???????????? I answered the questions to the best of my ability, but I also wrote comments on the form saying "this is none of your business". How will they count illegals and homeless people? the census will be flawed right from the get go. Just count the people and leave the population alone! I am beyond furious!!! We do not have real freedom in America--just a pretense of freedom.

• Di
      7th of Oct, 2018

I totally agree, and more people should be outraged at our government for the intruding questions. I've had two representatives come to my home and leave cards, one even left a card and a note stating I'm on the complaint list! The day after I filled out the survey on line. Many of the questions are very intrusive and the government has no reason to ask such questions. IT Isn't just a population count any more. It's bad enough we are listened to, have camera's everywhere. Freedom? What is FREEDOM in this country? OUR Government spends OUR tax payer dollars with out any regard to any of us. Don't get me started on the politics of this country!