US Cellular / beware of us cellular tactics!

When I was in NC I had US Cellular phone service for several years. My phone kept disconnecting and they said a new phone would pull in all the new towers.

I accepted a new phone, not knowing that it renewed my OLD contract, which had all kinds of original "agreements" that was not on the new sheet they had me sign. Several months later I accepted a job in Florida and guess what--US Cellular isn't IN Florida. When I have phone problems where do I go--nowhere. I'm still being billed NC utility tax and haven't lived there for over a year! Although I've payed many times the value for this phone (very basic--no flip, no camera, no nothing--it's a PHONE!), they insist on wanting to charge me a $200 cancellation fee. I dug through my old files and sure enough, on the ORIGINAL contract, they said if I moved to where they weren't TUFF! All the numbers have now rubbed off this phone. This summer as soon as June rolls around I'm going to throw the damn thing as hard as I can into the Atlantic!

Va

Comments

12th of Aug, 2009

Cellular phone service taxes are determined by the area code for your phone number not by your address. You can also have two different phone numbers with area codes from two different states resulting in being charged taxes twice.

• Ti
      20th of Aug, 2018
    US Cellular - commercials
    Richland Center
    Wisconsin

The US Cellular commercial with the parents, the mother and father, tied up and the child eating chips in their faces needs to be pulled off of the air, its very degrading and offensive. I can't believe that your company would air a video like this. It's discriminating to parents and shows no respect.

• Ve
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    U.S. Cellular - lazy custumer service and slow. - iowa
    Knoxille

Custumer service are lazy and slow. We waited for 2 hours just get help so I get a new phone. One lady was helping customer was talking about about her cat?? She taking her time amd here we are waiting for almost 2 hours. So we left. I was so mad.