UPS / items delivered - damaged

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

We refer to a collection of two bed side table from Spain weighing 9 KG each for the above reference no. The both items were properly packed and UPS staff was satisfied with the packaging at collection point. They were also informed the nature of an item and require proper handling.

Upon reciepts the delivery we found both items were badly damaged i.e some of the wood came off partially and in pieces. We informed UPS and they organised a collection for inpection.

We have been told by customer team that the cliam is declined on the basis of that the packaging was not up to standard. We do not agree to this as follows:

1) The items was properly packed and UPS staff were staisfied with the packaging.
2) If packaging was so bad how come one table is broken in pieces compare to other is chipped.
3) Both items were handeled badly by your staff. The items thrown around.

4) We are sure you have a policy for handling items and standars in place. We are shocked and fail to understand the inspection team uable to realise the condition of both items.
5) The items was collected for the inspection from UK address and on what basis the items is returned to spain without our instruction and has to be delivered back to us or to yourselves so you can see the condition of the tables.

6) We would like to ask a question who did a inspection regards to the condition of the tables. Has he looked at the tables in pieces?

Both items were expensive and plus costed us frieght charges. We are very dis appointed with the service we had and the way cliam is handeled .We do not agree to your decisions
and would appreciate if you look in to this matter.

Yours faithfully

Asif Piracha

Comments

• Re
      18th of Jun, 2015

I ordered a 36 inch fan from a local store. It was delivered to my house apparently yesterday (late in the evening). I was not aware that the item had been delivered. There was no knock, no ringing of the doorbell. Nothing. So I had no idea the item was on my front porch. When I looked out this morning to get my mail there it was on my porch.
    It had rained last night so the box was completely soaked. It was not even wrapped in brown paper or even in a better box. It was placed on my porch and got wet. I am hoping when the box dries the fan will work. What is wrong with your delivery people? I do order a lot online and most of the time my items are fine. If a package is delivered to a home the delivery person should let the owner know that he has dropped off a package. I can't look out the window 24/7 to check to see if I got a package. Please be more careful in the future. Thank you for your help in this matter.