Universal Vacation Club / vacation unit availability- a breech of contract

1 Mexico

On March 28, 2008, my two daughters and I attended a timeshare presentation for properties at Villa Del Palmar and Villa Del Arco. Robert Mabon was our sales representative. I decided to purchase a one bedroom unit after hearing about all the wonderful amenities and ease of exchange. The following day, after a restless night, I returned to say I had made a mistake. I should not have purchased the property without the knowledge and approval of my husband who was not traveling with us. I was crying and upset and asked to have my contract revoked due to buyers remorse. Robert Mabon tried to have me reconsider. I was inconsolable and asked to be able to forfeit the miniscule amount of money that was unrefundable and be free of the constraints of the contract. Mr. Mabon brought in his supervisor and we went into an adjoining room. I was pressured me into keeping the contract but they changed it to every other year to try to ease my stress.
In their persuasive arguments, I was promised that Cabo was a highly sought after vacation spot that I would be able to exchange to vacation anywhere in the world. The process was easy and the availability high at other locations world wide. It was this reason that I allowed them to talk me into keeping the contract.

I was never explained the process of exchange. I called in May to see if I could use my week. I was told that there was NO AVAILABILITY in ALL of Europe. I tried again today, 12/16/10, to see if I could exchange my "highly sought after" week in Cabo for a week in Hawaii. I was told again, there was NO AVAILABILITY. I have owned this timeshare for over 2 years and have not been able to exchange it for any place I wish to travel. Their promise of "ease of exchange" was false.

I have done some research online only to realize that this is a common complaint. I would love to be a part of a class action suit and welcome any attorney who is gathering clientele.

I was not told at the time of purchase that Univeral Vacation Club only owns 35% of the facility and that they limit the rooms available for ownership use. Interesting how they left out that information.

If there is any information on a class action suit, please call me.

Yvette Buich