Universal Studios Theme Parks - Orlando, Florida / Employee stole my camera

1 1000 Universal Studios PlazaOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-224-4233

On July 11 at about 4pm while riding "The Mummy" with my family and friends, we left my wife's purse in the wheelchair. Half hour later, while waiting for another ride, we noticed that our digital camera was stolen. In our way out a storm was starting, so we had to abandon the park.

It would be nice if the Park Administrators review the security cameras videos to capture their bad employees and recover the stolen property (which includes very valuable memories).

Comments

• Gw
      25th of Jul, 2007
    Universal Studios Theme Parks - Orlando, Florida - Inexcusable park closure

On Saturday, July 21, 2007 I purchased five adult and one child passes for both Universal Theme Parks in Orlando, Florida for one day. The cost of these passes was 475.00. The parks were advertised as being open from 0900 hours until 2200 hours. No one told me that one park was closing at 1900 hours and that the other park would partially close at the same time. This was being done to accommodate a private party for Microsoft Corporation. I'm sure that I wasn't the only person to be inconvenienced by the early closing. I have been to these parks in the past and even with the long lines waits (which were expected) I have been pleased with the park. This early closure, without any prior notice, was rude, un-business like and in my opinion inexcusable. I and my family will never again visit this theme park.

When I tried to voice my objections, I was basically told to bad. It seems that if I would have purchased my tickets at the park, I may have been warned ahead of time. But, because I purchased them by voucher that morning I was brushed off. Thanks for listening.

• Fe
      1st of Aug, 2008

After receiving a telephone call and an email, I sent them the details of our lost camera...

Brand= Casio Exz75sr / Exilim
    Megapixel= 7.2
    Color= Silver
    Memorycard= 2G.
    Scratches= little one on the screen
    And a scratch on the camera sight

that in case it can be identified in their Lost & Found.

• Fe
      1st of Aug, 2008

By the way, they assigned the Reference ID EM159958 to my Ride Complaint.

• Ji
      1st of Aug, 2008

Why would you leave your valuables in an unattended location? Im pretty sure they have lockers to prevent that kind of stuff.

• Da
      6th of Aug, 2008

Wheelchairs are stored in the child swap area, which is clearly not guarded and frequently used by guests. Should a security officer stand guard at the child swap area for each attraction? While guests are riding the attraction, how is the officer supposed to know which items belong to which families or groups. There are signs present at the attraction's entrance warning guests not to bring bags or other valuables on the ride (it is a roller coaster after all!). That is why lockers are conveniently provided, free of charge, right outside of the exit. These lockers are for the purpose of storing and safeguarding your valuables and other belongings while you enjoy the ride. You seem to have chosen not to take advantage of this free service and just assumed that someone else would watch your property for you. Also, you make a false assumption in claiming that a "bad employee" stole your camera. As I stated earlier, wheelchairs are kept in an area while is used as a waiting room for guests. It is much more likely that a guest was taking advantage of the child swap service and saw your unattended possessions and chose to steal your camera. Your loss is unfortunate, but it is the result of your own failure to protect your valuables.

22nd of Oct, 2010

DUMB [censor] ITS UR FAULT I WORKED THERE AND THEY PROVIDE FREEEEEEEEE LOCKERS TO PREVENT THIS FORM HAPPENING!