United Steel Building / Phone Harassment

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-281-2038

I received so many calls the last two or three months from [protected]. This number is to United Steel in the Fort Lauderdale Florida area.

I made a mistake of filling out an on-line form for a free estimate approx. Nov 2009, and have been harassed by telephone ever since. They have an extremely aggressive sales staff. A building just the size I am looking for is ready for a small deposit. They can deliver in six months if I like with a small 25% deposit.

Just this morning I received a call at 11:00am, and two more at 11:02am. This is ever couple days or so. I am so glass I found this web page and noticed similar problems. Money was never sent to them, thank GOD.

Comments

• Mi
      27th of Mar, 2010

Two years ago I called these guys because I was in the market for a building and spoke to someone who gave me a high pressure sales pitch. Not being experienced with metal buildings it still sounded too good to be true. I finally backed out (no money paid) and went with a site built barn instead. Told them I had already built another building and that I was no longer in the market. Thought that I wouldn't hear from them again. I was so wrong.

About 6 months later they started calling every day. When I told them to stop calling, they started calling twice a day. They stopped for a while because I threatened to sue for harassment. Then they started calling at 7:00am on Saturday mornings. Imagine how I felt about that.

Recently I had a shouting match with one of their loser phone reps and yelled "hang up" at him for 2 minutes before he finally gave up.

This morning they called at 10am.

How does one get them to stop without filing a suit?

-Mike

• Je
      28th of Mar, 2010

Call the Police department and make a phone harassment complaint with them. Where you live first. Give the Officer the information as to how to reach these loosers. If they do not do anything, call the PD in their home town. Phone harassment is a CRIME.

Jeff Parshall Greene Maine

• Ju
      14th of Dec, 2010

I also filled out an on line form for an estimate - high pressure sale, buy today for deal, now they call occasionally, but tonight they called at 9:30 and blew a whistle in my ear after asking for me by name. I tried calling back and they hung up on me. What to do -police?