United Steel BuildingFailure to deliver with no refund

We were rushed to sign a contract to take advantage of a quote without being told by signing said contract, we agreed to Terms and Conditions which were, according to our lawyer, ridiculous. Prices are NOT secured, timelines were not followed, and they are currently not able to determine the status of our building despite telling us in August it was in fabrication.

• Da
    David William Hanson Dec 22, 2009

I have paid to date $7220.69 for a building that I ordered in 4/17/2009, to date have received nothing. I have been promised on numerous ocassions that my building is in production and the last time I was told I would have no later than the first week in November. I have called 7 times and cannot get anyone to even return a call. I have been a contractor with the federal govt., NC State Govet, and now a private contractor for 14 years and have never/ever dealt with anyone like this. I am so upset with this, not sure what my next step will be. Buyer beware, my experiences to date have not been good.

• Ro
    roaddog Dec 29, 2009

Same here, I order a 30x42 building back on 3/20/09 that was supposibly a half finished building left over that they needed to get out of there factory. After two month of paper work I call in late June to check on progress and they told me the building was in production and that it was 30% done. 7/14/09 more paperwork showed up, so I signed it and sent it back with part of the deposit thinking my building most be near finished. 8/6/09 called to check on expected delivery date, they tell me that my building wasn't even in production yet and delivery won't be to late November (to late for me) . 2 weeks later called again to double check and try to move the date up a month to avoid winter or cancel it and they told me (same person) that I could not cancel because it was already in production an now the delivery date would not be to sometime late January 2010. Sofar I've not been able to contact anybody since late Augest except through my lawyer, witch they are not even returning his calls or email . Ive been trying to cancel my order and get my money back since mid Sept. $6500 with no respones. Since November i give up waiting and have just completed a stick built building just in time for winter... Their 120 days is up and still nothing.

Want my building Dec 29, 2009

who is your attorney? they have $38k of my money - a building that was almost completed that someone walked away from. It was to be delivered a couple of months ago. Now the phone numbers are disconnected and the office in Fort Lauderdale is deserted. Thanks.

Want my building Dec 29, 2009

Who is your attorney? They have $38k of my money for a building that someone had walked away from and it was taking up space on their dock. That was July 2009. Anyone for a class action suit?

Want my building Dec 29, 2009

sorry forgot..the office at 2700 W. Cypress Creek Road, Ft. Lauderdale is empty. No notes, no forwarding address. The phones are disconnected.

• Re
    Reinbow Jan 08, 2010

Everyone, contact the Broward County Board of Commissioners - Permitting, Licensing and Consumer Protection Division - and file a complaint. Their address is 1 North University Drive, Mailbox #302, Plantation, FL 33324. Phone # is [protected]. We need to get these USB crooks caught and jailed! I too have been promised a building since April 2009 and have $7995 invested. And no building in sight. In December, MELINDA ANN PODLAS finally did answer a call and said MAYBE I'd get the building in 2010. We need to unite and file charges against USB and ALL their crooked employees...JACK RACHLIN; MELINDA ANN PODLAS; DAVID GARDNER; PAUL HARRIS; DEENA GASTEL; MELISSA MOONILAL; and a guy named WOODY in Shipping (bet he isn't for real as USB ships NOTHING!)

• Mi
    missing building Jan 08, 2010

Here are the names of owners and officers from the Fl Sec of state corporations web site

BUDNER, MORDECAI

Reinbow Jan 08, 2010

Check this out! WOW !!!

• Al
    AL family Jan 08, 2010

Scoop in FL is doing an amazing job -- Thanks to Bonnie for her connections! This is a call to Action --

1. contact your local FBI And file a complaint with ICU (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx), and

2. The FL Attorney General:

Citizens Services: [protected]
    ADA Coordinator: [protected]
    Florida Relay/TDD: [protected]
    Florida Toll Free: [protected]

3. Contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com if you are interested in a class action, and Bonnie at [protected]@aol.com to be added to the list of folks desiring restitution.

4. If someone from the company contacts you, get the contact information (calls are currently being blocked from caller ID) and pass it on.

Thanks! Tracy in AL

• Bu
    Burned in SC Jan 18, 2010

Please check out:

unitedsteelbuildingscam.webs.com

Become a member, leave comments on the "Guestbook" and continue to get additional info on USB.

• Do
    doug scott Jan 26, 2010

I too have been scammed . I have just filed a criminal complant with the Broard county Sheriff's office [protected] . The officer I spoke with said he only had one complant on this company. Maybe everyone should give them a call also.

Marcus Whitfield Feb 03, 2010

There is a reporter in Florida who is chasing these guys! Eme with THE SCOOP has apparently made some progress with getting money back for some people. She is also pursuing the individuals WILLIAM KNOTE, HOWARD ZIMMMERMAN, and others for Fraud under the FDUPTA laws. These guys need to go to jail. I was told they are currently operating another metal building company called SUPERSTEEL! Stay away from these terrible people! Here is a link to THE SCOOP http://www.v1-p.com/unitedsteel.html These guys, along with their attorney Jeffrey Berlowitz, have been deceiving folks for more than two years. I originally contracted to purchase a $37, 000 building in February of 2008 and immediately made a deposit of $15, 000 (more than required). A year later, I was still trying to take delivery of the building, and they sued me giving no legitimate reason for the lawsuit! It was their attempt to use the Broward County courts to "WIN BY DEFAULT". I am in Texas, so I was forced to hire a Florida Attorney for another $5, 000 who managed to get the case DISMISSED, but getting a building or even some portion of my deposit back never happened. I have heard that almost 50 people were victims of this scam and the Florida Attorney General Office has still not opened an "Official Investigation" as of Feb. 2nd

• Mo
    Moses Alexander III Feb 27, 2010

United Steel Buildings took me for $1, 672.56. I payed for the delivery then they told me that the roll-up door and insulation would come on another truck. So it looks like I came out better than most. I tried to get them to deliver the material they shorted me for about 8 months before I gave up and found a good Erecton Contractor to finish my building. My erector bought the missing materials and finished the building. I am really disappointed that someone could cheat people like this in our country. I have talked to lawyers, but haven't gotten anywhere. I would ilke to help punish these people. If there is anything I can do please contact me at [protected]@ssai.org or [protected]@windstream.net.
    Let's hear it for justice!