Andura Guard Complaints & Reviews

Andura GuardLiars

A very nice guy turned up at my door from a marketing company offering a free quote to check the outside of my house. I agreed. The guy that turned up was a little smarmy but I decided to hear what he had to say. To be honest, I was fully expecting him to say everything was fine. After 2.5 hours and a video of Michael Fish, he quoted me over £30, 000 for work to the outside of my house. He said that if I agreed immediately and had the work done within 3-90 days I could have a £8, 800 reduction. Wow. He really scared me with damp issues, told me how much house will be riddled with damp unless I get the work done immediately. Despite everything, I said that I would leave it. He wasn't happy and said it was a terrible shame as the price quoted was the lowest he'd seen and couldn't believe I was giving up such an amazing deal. I said that I simply couldn't afford it and didn't want to pay it off over the next 10 years. That night, I didn't sleep and it's worried me ever since.

This morning, I arranged for builders to come over from "Checkatrade". They were fantastic. They told me that there were parts of the external walls that could do with minor work but that it certainly wasn't desperate and probably advisable to do something in about 2 years time. I asked for a ball park figure for the work. They said approximately £5, 500 which would include re-painting. That sounded so much more reasonable and understandably and I'm so much happier now. And I've got a couple of years to budget for the cost which is a sixth of the cost quoted by Andura Guard. More like BE ON YOUR GUARD!!

• Da
    Darren Smith AW Aug 25, 2011

Try www.property-maintenance-bristol.co.uk / 07971 957 852 covering whole of Emgland, protective, decoratve and textured call coatings. Typical 3 sided semi detached 3 bed home to include relevant repairs* £2, 995 Wall coating since 1998

Andura GuardCold Calling

Hi,

Shockingly, we just almost missed to get conned today by a Justin Millborn from ANDURA GUARD.

Dad had a leaflet put through our door last week, saying that a free survey would be provided for old properties dating back to 1900s, to quote a price for rendering services.

The man and his Swindon Assistant 'Elliott' came in and sat for over 3 hours last Saturday and after having had a look at our property said that the bricks on our wall needed rendering as this was causing problems with the way the weather was, and that the rendering would provide a safe measure to protect the house.

We were still not sure about this as it seemed to good to be true. The intrest rate was quoted at 0.99% YES!!! because Dad was over 65 years apparently and could have a discount of that much. Seemed quite un real, but then thought maybe they were genuine as we even say Michael Fish on their video.

Spoke to Justin again today and finalised the contract for £7250.00. My cousin happened to be home that evening and asked if we had done checks on the company, and to my surprise I was shocked to find out that they are Cold Callers!...

Rang and stopped Mums direct debit with the bank...They say that they get this Intrest with Barclays, but the Telephone assistant was more shocked to know that a company was atcually offering 0.99%

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! COLD CALLERS AND FRAUDSTERS!!!

They have changed their name several times. Check them on Company's House. Address is Sunley House, 57-67 High Street, Edgware, Middx, HA8 7DD. Phone number [protected]

• Pa
    palmy Jul 07, 2010

Theres nothing wrong with cold callers as such so long as they are polite and take no for an answer without giving abuse. Lots of companies hire cold calling companies to do their dirty work one of which is a household name ADT, I know this because I worked for them for a whole day knocking on doors! I only did one day when I realised I would much rather be at home to say goodnight to my children and not walking the streets.
    I am looking into Andura to find out if they are legit or not. There appears to be different company names, are they the same company or are they franchises and a seperate entity to the main Andura Coatings based in Bicester? I have read the watchdog report and I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, the people involved did get their refund due to cancelling during the cooling off period. The report however does not say anything regarding quality of work which I would like to see some real photos of (not the ones on the companies websites for obvious reasons). The report above mentions that they were offered a low interest rate, I have been told that this is for new starters (surveyors) to the company to help them close their first deal. As far as I have read on various forums and complaints pages there has only been a handfull of people not happy with the quality of work ( no photos though), I do know that they are making a large turnover so there must be some happy customers out there somewhere! One thing that does put me off are the prices, but what else do we have to compare them to. I did read that one builder quoted around £10, 000 for a house on a chat forum, which seems very expensive to me another quoted £3000. The other thing that I wanted to find out is the poor chaps who are out trying to close these deals are being called surveyers when infact they are sales executives with little training, is this legal for someone unqualified to assess the state of my exterior walls? The sales execs have been told about this product and maybe unfortunately have fallen for the jargon, when in reality they know as much as the general public can find out on the internet, they are out to make them selves a living like everyone else and I know not all of them are nasty stereo typical salesmen, just trying to make a good living!
    Anyway, if anyone does have any genuine reasons not to use this company please do let me know.

• Cl
    Cleet Nov 23, 2010

ok um I can straight up tell you these people are not legit.
    I first off was addressed by our landlords name the phone number has nothing to do with our landlord.
    So ok I have dealt with several phone calls trying to offer me a free cell phone got 1 I don't want anymore but they won't stop calling saying put me on do not call list does nothing as they say ok I have done that for you but less then 24 hours later I already got called offer the same thing. anyways...so the other popular calls are offering me free 40 night trips to cancun or folrida like give me a break...anyways...so the other day I get a phone call from onlinepccare telling me I recently downloaded some files that are sending out viruses and slowing my com puter and others on the network. YEah right ...so he tells me load up eventvwr which does show lots of errors but most of them are from simple program app crashes nothing more. I explained I fully understood the basics of these errors and have no issues with any of the computers in the house was given this number
    Online PC Care 1-613-800-0357 ask for Victor. Having worked in a call centre for incoming tech support is fine but when your bugging others for sales and tell them lies its far from ok. after getting this number written down I then researched the company name. found to my surprise theres much more then just one company linked. Key to detecting them is listen after you have said your first hello. If you hear your voice echo then you'll know that you have been cold called. I have read it could be being done with VOIP or Google Voice. Ethier way there has to be a correction made. Since then the free cell free satalite free trips calls don't stop. And today was a phone call from bell asking if we were sure we wanted our phone disconnected right after I had hung up on a press 1 now for a family trip to folrida like what gives?

• Pr
    probity Feb 14, 2011

The thread is about a similar firm but te relationship between Andura and others such as Never Paint Again (NPL international - owned by Guy Alexander bell) is explored

• La
    Lamont Cranston Feb 25, 2011

This thread is also about a similar firm but the relationship between Andura and others such as Never Paint Again (NPL international - owned by Guy Alexander bell) is explored.

• X8
    x876hj676 Mar 12, 2011

I can see that this forum hasbeenlinked to all the shite about my mate guy and the never paint again website, how pathetic. i see also people created a fake id, posted and thenbuggered off.There isa campaign against him which is being orchestrated by otherpeople in the coatings indsutry and quite frankly you people are disgusting. The original posters question has absolutel;y nothing to do with the Never Paint Again website that i am certain of. There is a group of people wgho have got together to try and ruin his credibility well that is gonna back fire on you lot, you are sick.hes a gr* chap and hes done nowt wrongback off.

Andura Guardexterior house walls

BE AWARE !!! recently this company ANDURA GUARD visited a elderly friend of mine (cold calling ) in february 2010, and spoke to her about needing some work on the back of her terrace house, they were with her for some time to convince her the work needed doing, and even showed her a video with " michael fish " talking about the product .
The price was the scaffolding to be included "wow". they asked for a deposit, so a cheque was wrote, then they said the rest would have to be paid at a later date when work was completed, a total of over £6000.00, and that was just for the back of the house ! after they had gone, she spoke to a relation and friend, and the cheque for the deposit was cancelled immediatley, and infomed the company of this .
There was no talk to her about a "cooling off " period which is 7 days, even though this is on the back of paper work. and found it very surprising they had booked to come around and start the work on the 6th day of my friend sighning the contract, now surley this is illegal !! the " notice of cancellation" was sent soon after the cancelled cheque. It is disgracefull how this company are allowed to work within the law to take advantage of elderly people.

Andura Guard — Cold calling con company

This London based con company are currently operating in the Oxford area and unfortunately called on my...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices