United Services Automobile Association [USAA]banking

One definition of hell is doing the same thing over and over, but getting nowhere. This is today's USAA.

I've been a USAA member for 38 years. A once highly efficient and responsive insurance firm serving active duty military and veterans sadly has gone downhill. The large number of negative reviews bear this out. Frankly, I find them shocking.

Two years ago, I tried to set up a basic credit card account for my college-bound daughter. I wasted hours. Finally, I gave up and went with another bank. It took us ten minutes with that bank.

Recently, I sought to set up a simple checking/debit card account for my younger college-bound daughter. I thought, Heck.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Antonio, TX They can't screw that up, can they? Oh, yes they can! Hours wasted on the phone being sent from pillar to post. But in the end, USAA did set it up... Then they canceled it. Yes, canceled my daughter's account after all that wasted time. Why? Because they claimed we didn't respond to a request for some documentation (you guessed it - they had lost it).

We called again to try to reverse this stupid action. Two hours being sent on a wild goose chase - disconnected three times. Two reps confessed they didn't know how to resolve the issue. A security rep accused my daughter of kibbitzing with me (yes, her dad) and ordered her to hang up and start all over again. Enough!

Bank of America, here we come.

An