United Healthcare Online / discrimination - - patient segregation

1 P.O. BOX 740800Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Medication needed to stay alive is now only available at an exclusively Gay-male segregated pharmacy. The same pricing through the mail pharmacy exists but is now determined to be both experimental and difficult to administer! The medication which is not experimental but FDA approved for more than 5 years; is now only available by this isolated pharmacy charging the same prices!

Va

Comments

• De
      21st of Aug, 2018
    United Healthcare - Denial for hospital admit and skilled nursing facility PT and OT after a stroke
    Spokane
    Washington

Mo mother had a stroke and a week later had to go back to ER. They denied admit, due to same condition she was seen for a week earlier.
    Tried to get her into skilled nursing facility a few weeks for PT/OT after weakness from the stroke. Home PT once a week isn't enough for someone to regain strength with vision and balance issues after the stroke.

28th of Aug, 2018
    United Healthcare - Customer Service
    uhc.com

The customer rep could not answer my question. I asked for a level 2 supervisor because he would only read what was on the EOB not explain. He asked if I would hold for 2-3 minutes. Now it's 20 minutes later and he hasn't picked up this call again. THANK YOU INDIA !

• Sn
      1st of Sep, 2018
    United Healthcare - myuhc.com
    Houston
    Texas
    myuhc.com

myuhc.com has made the whole section on FSA benefits and dependent care benefits disappear to make it harder to submit claims. Seems part of corporate policy...take our money first, then make it as hard as possible for people to retrieve their money back for legitimate expenses.

• Ra
      1st of Sep, 2018
    United Healthcare - Refusal to pay provider
    Fort Worth
    Texas

My out of pocket has been met and insurance is Supposed to pay 100%
    I had two visits to CareNow in the morning for a strain and unable to see PCP. I went home took a nap woke up with a fever, went back to CareNow 2nd time. Now United Healthcare is refusing to pay for the morning visit?! Claim# 6805292633.

• Le
      10th of Sep, 2018
    United Healthcare - nurse visit

After waiting around 30 days for My visit from a united healthcare nurse practitioner, She refused to come inside when I told Her I may see a roach bug from time to time. I live in an apt. complex and stay on top of sanitary matters. My Endocrinologist has been to disease ravaged Haiti and Africa. what kind of nurse is this?

• Ri
      31st of Oct, 2018
    United HealthCare Services - home delivery

i do not have a complaint bet a small note to let you people know i just refilled my pills 4 different ones i talked to a very nice women name MICHELLE she had me done very fast an was very very nice it was a pleasure talking to her she was great thanks richard gorringe

• Md
      12th of Nov, 2018
    United Healthcare - Services denied for chronic pain/headaches
    Kansas City
    Missouri

I've had a headache for a year & UH won't cover anything my pain clinic suggests, not talking about surgery or expensive medicines! Speaking of medicine, as of 2017 they stopped coverage for three Rx I've been on for 8 years! WTF?! But yesterday I received a console prize, they sent me a catalog of off-name products and a $90 voucher. Seriously?

• Ba
      16th of Nov, 2018

@mdmkcmo I know how you feel Kansas City. I recall the excuses myself. Did you know I was in need for a neurologist. This particular hospital's fron desk said well you will have to travel to upstate N.Y. in order for her to take your insurance. UHCSNP. The appointment was made in the next 3 months. After the 3 month wait, I was called and told that all UHC SNP patients are too meet with the doctor in NYC. This wait was the following year. I called another specialized physician and front desk conveyed the message that this doctor did not accept UHC SNP. I terminated my policy and subscribed to their opposition. UHC called me every month to sign over to them. I refused because my surgery required me to be observed. Now, I am ready to switch over to UHC SNP I get told Medicaid told them that I can not be affiliated with them Therefore I would have to leave the QMB program and pay the 20% deductible. Even though I am a NYS workers compensation victim. Kansas City, they give you an unorthodox bill coming and an unorthodox bill going. The worse part is everyone wants their frogskins--thus they do not counteract insurance policy demands. If Zyrtec is over the counter prescribe the patient something that matches the prognosis on the tier list. Yet, this is a feature that has gotten lost. This is a criminal move to create more criminals. Do not be apart of their heinous ideas and their mediocre healthcare. Begin relying on tropical fruits like papaya, kiwi, lychee, ginger, pitya juice these fruits and chase with apples or grapes in your juicer. Do not allow either the CEO or a hospital or the insurance company boss you around and honey.

• Ba
      16th of Nov, 2018

My name is Barbara Guster and I permitted a United Healthcare Insurance agent come to my home to assure me member ship subscription. The necessary information took micromanaging. Second, I conveyed the message to the Insurance sales agent, that I required a primary care physician near the 34th street--I can travel to New Jersey or return from N.J. and visit my pcp. He sat there and agreed to all of my needs.
    Thus, he assigned me to offices way out of my district and never listened to my reason. I suffer chronic pain and I rely on medtronic spinal cord stimulator and a bladder interstim to treat low back pain too. Each time I went to the office, I would reinjure my back the walk was tooo long, Although, the staff was friendly and helpful, they did not want to understand my review of services. They wanted me to accept an STD that was found in my urine. I had prongs that is linked to a medtronic spinal sacral stimulator. It anchored in the trigonanl muscle of my bladder. They begain giving meds for an STD. But it was a very bad infection that was destroying the good flora.

Finally, I stopped going to that location and located another physician I love this doctor. On the other hand, my parents have just moved out of NYC and are entering retirement. This is the exact problem I incurred. I did not obtain my insurance card and it prevented me from going to a doctor. Now my dad has his insurance card.
    But, my Memuh does not have her's. This is disturbing. My dad needs his caregiver and Memuh is his authorized caregiver and she has exquisite nursing skills. She has put in over 45 dedicated, qualitative and quantitative nursing skill enforcements. Each service for delivery in the Nursing industry gave my Pa a jolt of respect and honor. He took his marriage seriously; Whether, he walked Memuh to the bus stop in the morning during her fledgling years or his willingness to drive Memuh. to her nursing workplace, and from the employment hole. Pa was there. But, is horrid, to place an injust fear; upon both of my parents.
    Memuh was taught the art of nursing from pioneer nurses which admired Mother Theresa style of nursing. Memuh is a real registered nurse, not one those. Did I discover that Memuh was switching on to UNITED HEALTHCARE INSURANCE? Yes, but the discovery that my mother has not received her UHC insurance card bothers me on a number of levels.
    How is she too care for herself next year ? if she can not gain access to the group number and generate a 1500CMS .bill.
    My dad is a stroke patient so I can understand the urgency for his insurance approval. Thus my Memuh is a high cholesterol patient. This is an indication that she requires her insurance card too. But it has neither reached NYC or the State they reside in. This is an injustice of healthcare services. Please reach out and penetrate the high cholesterol new subscribed members and mail out their insurance cards